Thread: Signing over Legal Custody in Kentucky

Default Signing over Legal Custody in Kentucky

In what state do you file paperwork when signing over legal custody of a minor from a parent to grandparent when the parties live in two different states? Parents living Kentucky and grandparents live in Ohio.

Super Moderator

This is not a DIY project. You should be working with a lawyer. And the lawyer will know.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

That is the advice I am seeking. Do I see an attorney who practices in Kentucky, where the parents reside, or one who practices in Ohio, where the grandparents reside?

Super Moderator

I imagine you'll be able to find a number of attorneys who are licensed in both states, or firms who have multiple attorneys with licenses in many states.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Default Signing over Legal Custody in Kentucky

This isnt about the legal standard for abandonment.

Its about the worst mistake you could make and fixing it. Move back home and resolve custody, your children have a right to both parents. Its not about you, sir.

How much did you attorney charge you for that theater prop of a useless extra-legal agreement?

I'm not sure what you are referring to bu this thread is many months old. Please do not add onto old dormant posts.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Jamarlit, I moved your post asking about texas law to its own thread in general law.

Elle, could you open the thread? It seems it remained closed after I moved it from it's previous location at "Unemployment benefits if I quit due to pay cut New York".

I hope this helps you Jamarlit. If anything QUIT NECROPOSTING!!!
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!