Thread: Can i do 6 cont. weeks of PFL but take intermitent days off with employer during yr?

Default Can i do 6 cont. weeks of PFL but take intermitent days off with employer during yr?

I planning to take 6 weeks PFL (paternity) but still work on and off during those 6 weeks. I will take 6 weeks worth of days off during the year.
    so basically save the 6 weeks worth of pay to use them throughout the year if i need to take a day or week off.

This is because i am not sure what days to take off. i would like to take the PFL like i would take the FMLR where i just state what days i am off to my employer and thats it.
    seems for PFL its calculated differently. or not? its hard to find this info in a simple way.

edd seems to want to know exactly what days/weeks you will be off in advance. or do poeple just take the 6 weeks and later deal with the days off and edd tallies up at the end of the year?

I read about overpayments in the same week base period. which is why i am asking.

thanks
    Last edited by choni; 01-06-2017 at 06:29 PM.

you might read through this site: http://paidfamilyleave.org/ask-us

yes, ive read through most thats on google.

"All six weeks of PFL do not need to be taken consecutively. You can take PFL in hourly, daily or weekly increments as needed. However, you must wait the full seven day waiting period before getting PFL benefits, as described in Question #10 below".

the above from that site, doesnt answer my question though.

has anyone taken the intermittent pfl and can explain how the process is?

thanks

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by choni View Post
    edd seems to want to know exactly what days/weeks you will be off in advance. or do poeple just take the 6 weeks and later deal with the days off and edd tallies up at the end of the year?
    EDD says re PFL: To claim form - attach a separate letter if you will be working part-time or taking leave on an intermittent basis. Be sure to include your S.S.#, name, address, phone #, regular work hrs., rate of pay, & the amt. of time you plan to be off work each week.

Also, when an employee takes pregnancy disability leave & receives SDI benefits - the 7 day waiting period required for SDI counts toward the 7 day waiting period for PFL.

If you don't know what days/weeks you will be off ahead of time, ask the EDD what you do re claim form. (If you have to submit a separate claim form/letter each time or if not, just how do you notify them when you plan to take time off.) Re questions, you can call the EDD at 1-877-238-4373 or ask a question at https://askedd.edd.ca.gov.

Ca. is not my state. I do not know the exact answer to your question.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.