Thread: NEED ADVICE ASAP:In New York: shopping cart incident in commercial parking lot

Default NEED ADVICE ASAP:In New York: shopping cart incident in commercial parking lot

I have a not so average story. my car was struck by a shopping cart corral in a target parking lot. a security guard allowed me to see footage of the wind blowing a cart into a shopping cart corral causing $1500 worth of damage. after a four month prolonged investigation, targets loss prevention company determined since they were not responsible for incidents in thier hometown in NORTH CAROLINA, they were not responsible in NEW YORK. i argued with them that they were wrong. thier corrals were not anchored down whereas at HOME DEPOT in the same parking lot, has all of thiers cemented into the ground. can someone help? i have court tomorrow trying to sue them!

If you have court tomorrow, you are far too late to engage the services of an attorney.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Well, went to court and i think the judge sided with me. he asked why the corrals werent anchored down and the target rep replied "do we can clean under them", he also stated it took 5 people to move it and im able to lift it with one hand, i wasnt lying. they are made of aluminum. the judge said we would be contacted soon about the verdict.