Hi All - need help with the following situation.
Delivery date: July 1, 2016
- W2 employee
- Started employment with company on April 6, 2015. Work 40 hours a week.
- Company has 15-20 employees
- CA State Disability is deducted from my paycheck
- I have NO benefits and NO time off/maternity leave with the company
- Contract based. Current contract is scheduled to end July 31, 2016 (one month after delivery date)
- Once my contract ends I don't have a job or paycheck so everything is contract based.
I'm not worried about unpaid time off or job security, but would like to understand how I can get paid while taking time off during pregnancy and post delivery.
- Can I apply for CA SDI? And do I get 4 weeks prior and 6 weeks post? What happens if I deliver early?
- Would FMLA apply to me?
- Any other benefits I can apply for?
- I read somewhere that a person got disability insurance - anyone familiar with this and would it be too late to buy insurance?
I'm super confused since I'm a W2 employee and contract based. I appreciate your help in advance!