Thread: Whats the stature of limitations of fileing for apeal. Tennessee

Default Whats the stature of limitations of fileing for apeal. Tennessee

I had a tribunal over 8 yrs ago and lost. They want me to pay back the money I did get for unemployment. I had posted recently but can not find the post.

Tribunal for what and with who? Appeal of what? Wrongful termination?

How does that connect to unemployment benefits? Who wants you to pay back unemployment benefits? The state? How long ago were you paid unemployment?

Definitely not enough details to even come close to figuring out what you are asking.

Default sorry i'm frustrated beyond myself.

The tribunal was for unemployment. When I got fired I called for unemployment and got it. Then my ex boss aplyed for the tribunal. It has been over 8 yrs ago. This was in Tennessee. I want to know if there is anything I can do to fight this. I hadnt been in good mental health for some time now and I thought when i won the disability case I could pay for a lawyer to fight my ex boss. I know over 8yrs is a long time to wait. Er rather I would if I could even think straight.

Are you saying there is a judgment against you from 8 years ago? If so, the appeal time limit has long passed.

Appeals must be filed within 15 days. you are 8 years too late.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Default what if

I have found the secratery of the bizz and might get her to tell the truth of what happen. Can i sue or some other sort of action?

Still 8 years too late. That is what a statute of limitations means. There is a limit on when you can appeal/ bring a claim. After 8 years, it is a dead issue.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

If what is going on here is that 8 years there was a judgment against you, and you failed to pay it, then yes, the period for fighting it has long since passed, and you must pay the money. Governments rarely write off judgements and it is not uncommon for things you thought were forgotten to suddenly appear when the government gives the account to a new agency to chase. You should pay the money.

Default I wont pay

I did nothing wrong.

Super Moderator

There is still not anything you can do at this late date. Sorry.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

That is certainly your choice to make.

Chris, the state can garnish your wages and tax return. Unless you plan on working under the table the rest of your life, the government will get its money.

Super Moderator

If there is a judgment against you, you owe the money whether you believe you did anything wrong or not.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.