Thread: Chapter 7 & mortgage refinance North Carolina

Default Chapter 7 & mortgage refinance North Carolina

Ok I filed chapter 7 in 2007 and it Was discharged in October 2012. I got my credit back to almost an A credit. I have been talking to a mortgage broker and was told I had to wait till October when it has been discharged for 2yrs. Now my ex wife went to the same company and spoke to a different person and they said that was not true and they could get her financed now or even months ago. Ok now is there a law where it has to be discharged for 2 years?

Super Moderator

Did you use an attorney when you filed for bankruptcy? You might ask him/her your question.

You might also tell the mortgage broker you talked to what your ex-wife was told & see what he/she says.
    Last edited by Betty3; 09-24-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Super Moderator

You might want to review this link for informational/educational purposes.

http://www.answers.com/Q/How_long_do...get_a_mortgage
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Raster

I'm not aware of any such law ..but it's up to you to ask the bankruptcy attorney or the broker.

As a matter of internal business practice the broker may prefer more settled matters or know he can get more favorable terms for more settled matters ...or any number of possibilities ...

Besides ..your problem will soon be that old anyway ?

Super Moderator

I don't believe there is such a law. However, sometimes there are advantages to waiting. Hopefully, OP read or will read link I posted. OP might want to discuss best option with lawyer or mortgage broker.

There is no such law. It is up to the lender.
    If you don't believe me, you oughta do a bankruptcy. BTDT. And the load of sub-prime lenders that come to you to help you buy a POS used clunker for the same price as a new car for the interest rate that is borderline on loan sharking....
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Super Moderator

Yep, I'm sure lenders come out of the woodwork.