Thread: Unjustly fired for falsiying Daysheets that I hadnt "certified" in NC North Carolina

Default Unjustly fired for falsiying Daysheets that I hadnt "certified" in NC North Carolina

I was unjustly fired recently. The reason they are stating is that I falsified DHHS Day Sheets. On the bottom of these day sheets is a button that must be clicked to certify the accuracy of the information. I hadnt certified them and was called into the office the next day and was place on a paid investigatory leave and fired the next week. In actuality I had went to my supervisors supervisor and complained about an incident where she had talked to me horribly. I am now being told I am not eligible to draw unemployment. Any suggestions?

Lightbulb Das ist in der Doktor!

Quote Originally Posted by ldixon View Post
    I was unjustly fired recently. The reason they are stating is that I falsified DHHS Day Sheets. On the bottom of these day sheets is a button that must be clicked to certify the accuracy of the information. I hadnt certified them and was called into the office the next day and was place on a paid investigatory leave and fired the next week. In actuality I had went to my supervisors supervisor and complained about an incident where she had talked to me horribly. I am now being told I am not eligible to draw unemployment. Any suggestions?
    Unjustly fired does not mean you were illegally fired. Your employer is not a court of law. They don't have to let you tell your side of the story. They don't have to consider any evidence you present or even allow you to present it. They do not have to be fair, only legal and they were.
    File for unemployment, the State and ONLY the State will deside whether or not you will get it.
    Good Luck.
    ..________________
    ~ Free advice is like a public defender,
    you get what you pay for. ~ drr

Last edited by drruthless; 04-13-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Super Moderator

Who told you that you are not eligible to draw unemployment ins. - employer or state (UI agcy.)? If employer - they don't make the decision, the state does. The employer can contest but that is all. If you are denied UI, you can appeal.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

By all means don't wait another day to file for UI. Effective July 1, NC has really cut their unemployment benefits so get that claim started ASAP.