Thread: If you pay your warrant, what happens? Texas

Default If you pay your warrant, what happens? Texas

I have a misdemeanor warrant in Texas, for leaving while I was on probation. They took me off probation, and reopened my case/trial, so the "dispute" won't be probation related.
    They put out a warrant, I searched to find it and it's only $1000.

If I pay the warrant they can't arrest me right? When they look me up there will be no warrant, right?

But do I still have to go to court, or do they just want my $1000? Once you have no warrants, you have no problems, right?

Lightbulb Das ist in der Doktor!

Quote Originally Posted by FinShaggy View Post
    I have a misdemeanor warrant in Texas, for leaving while I was on probation. They took me off probation, and reopened my case/trial, so the "dispute" won't be probation related.
    Want a bet? Just why do you think the warrant was issued in the first place?
    I'm going to go out on a limb here but do you think it might have had anything to do with you skipping out on your probation?
    I'm reasonably sure the subject might in passing come up.

They put out a warrant, I searched to find it and it's only $1000.
    Only a thousand? I hate to rain on your parade but that thousand is your BAIL which by the way was for the Judge just a starting point.
    You didn't mention how long ago this was, but if it's been any length of time you can pretty much count on it going up. No where is it written in stone that it will only be a $1000.

If I pay the warrant they can't arrest me right? When they look me up there will be no warrant, right ?
    I would suggest at this point you speak with an Attorney as to the chances of you staying out of jail. I think you're a little confused on how it works.
    IF your arrested you will be detained until you post bail. And you won't know how much your bail is until you go before a judge or speak with the DA, unless your Attorney can work something out before hand.
    If you plan on surrendering yourself to the court I'd do it no later than on a Wednesday, any later and you risk spending the weekend in jail waiting till the following week to see a Judge.
    BTW, If you should find out how much your BAIL is, don't have the money on you. Give it to someone who you trust like a priest or something. If you have the money on you and they decide to throw you in jail they'll take it from you and put it on your account on account of because they can.

But do I still have to go to court, or do they just want my $1000? Once you have no warrants, you have no problems, right?
    Your Attorney would be better able to answer that.
    As far as any BAIL money, you can kiss that goodbye.
    Your problems are over when the Court says they are over.
    Good Luck!

.._________________
    ~ Free advice is like your public defender,
    …you get what you pay for. ~ drr

Quote Originally Posted by drruthless View Post
    Want a bet? Just why do you think the warrant was issued in the first place?
    I'm going to go out on a limb here but do you think it might have had anything to do with you skipping out on your probation?
    I'm reasonably sure the subject might in passing come up.

Only a thousand? I hate to rain on your parade but that thousand is your BAIL which by the way was for the Judge just a starting point.
    You didn't mention how long ago this was, but if it's been any length of time you can pretty much count on it going up. No where is it written in stone that it will only be a $1000.

I would suggest at this point you speak with an Attorney as to the chances of you staying out of jail. I think you're a little confused on how it works.
    IF your arrested you will be detained until you post bail. And you won't know how much your bail is until you go before a judge or speak with the DA, unless your Attorney can work something out before hand.
    If you plan on surrendering yourself to the court I'd do it no later than on a Wednesday, any later and you risk spending the weekend in jail waiting till the following week to see a Judge.
    BTW, If you should find out how much your BAIL is, don't have the money on you. Give it to someone who you trust like a priest or something. If you have the money on you and they decide to throw you in jail they'll take it from you and put it on your account on account of because they can.

Your Attorney would be better able to answer that.
    As far as any BAIL money, you can kiss that goodbye.
    Your problems are over when the Court says they are over.
    Good Luck!

.._________________
    ~ Free advice is like your public defender,
    …you get what you pay for. ~ drr

You aren't answering anything.

You are assuming I'm wrong, then answering your own theory. Which doesn't help my ACTUAL CASE, at all. Everything I said needs to be answered AS IS, not altered a little in the readers mind, THEN answered.

You have been less helpful than the Marijuana forum members LOL LOL LOL
    And they're all stoned.

It's not Bail, I'm not in jail.
    It's not for probation, It's a "Motion to adjudicate guilt", which is related to trial, not probation.
    I've already talked to an attorney, which is how I know you are so off point by ignoring my words.
    I'm not turning myself in, there's no reason. I'm busy, and it's not a big charge.
    I never paid bail money, so I don't have to kiss anything goodbye.

Thanks for making up your own scenario, then talking about it though.
    Last edited by FinShaggy; 04-02-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Cool Been there done that.

Well, as a supporter of the use of medical marijuana I guess we both got a good laugh then,
    and,
    ..I hope your right.

.._____________
    ~ Nothing is foolproof,
    to a sufficiently motivated fool.~ Benjamin Franklin

Super Moderator

Since you said you talked to an attorney/have an attorney, you could have asked him/her all your questions, since the attorney knows your case, instead of posting here.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Lawyers are busy people, but I did.
    That's why I'm not concerned as to whether or not you guys answer, I got one like 2 hours after posting this.

Super Moderator

Well; if you did ask the lawyer all your questions, then you don't need our help. That's what your lawyer is for. Glad you got your answers!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty3 View Post
    Well; if you did ask the lawyer all your questions, then you don't need our help. That's what your lawyer is for. Glad you got your answers!
    Yup.

A lawyers paid opinion will get you as far as the judge that more than likely has a different legal opinion.

Rots~of~ruck dude.