Thread: Married to an immigrant

Default Married to an immigrant

Hello to anyone who still on this site. I was married in August 2011 to a man, I was not aware he was an illegal immigrant. We never had sex at anytime, so the marriage was never consummated. November of 2011 he left state to work and I have not heard from him since November 2011. We have never lived together or had any joint accounts.
    I was able to talk to someone who knew him, and I was told he was working for someone in another state, so he is alive and avoiding me. I have left many messages for him through friends and have never heard back from him. Since he left I have found out that he is in this country on an expired visa, and has been here for 6 or 7 years like this.
    I want an annulment from him, but cannot find him, or get him to contact me....We were married in Virginia and I live in Pa... Please give me feedback asap

Super Moderator

shy1974, you added your question to another poster's old thread - you should have started your own new thread with your question. I will start one for you.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Quote Originally Posted by shy1974 View Post
    Hello to anyone who still on this site. I was married in August 2011 to a man, I was not aware he was an illegal immigrant. We never had sex at anytime, so the marriage was never consummated. November of 2011 he left state to work and I have not heard from him since November 2011. We have never lived together or had any joint accounts.
    I was able to talk to someone who knew him, and I was told he was working for someone in another state, so he is alive and avoiding me. I have left many messages for him through friends and have never heard back from him. Since he left I have found out that he is in this country on an expired visa, and has been here for 6 or 7 years like this.
    I want an annulment from him, but cannot find him, or get him to contact me....We were married in Virginia and I live in Pa... Please give me feedback asap
    Write the county clerk in the county & state you were married in. They have the forms for you to fill out, there.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!