Thread: 16yr old gets pregnant by 21yr old Pennsylvania

Default 16yr old gets pregnant by 21yr old Pennsylvania

I need help. my younger cousin started dating a 20yr old guy when she was 15yrs old. now they are 21 and 16. I just recently got the phone call from her that she is now pregnant and is not planning on telling her parents. her dad does not know she is even seeing this guy and her mom has been playing the "friend" and not the mother. I had told all my younger cousins that they can confide in me for anything, but if I feel that they are in danger or that they are putting someone else in danger, I will tell their parents. I moved away from home and now I'm finding out that she has been skipping school, running away, smoking, and drinking, on top of now being pregnant. I am telling her parents about the pregnancy, but due to her parents phones being shut off for the night, I have to wait until tomorrow. I need advice on how to tell them and what to do to help straighten her out. how do I know she won't run away or run away with this stupid 21yr old? is there any legal action that can be taken?
    Last edited by RmR0090; 03-28-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Weigh A Pie...the last county before Canada

Quote Originally Posted by RmR0090 View Post
    I need help. my younger cousin started dating a 20yr old guy when she was 15yrs old. now they are 21 and 16. I just recently got the phone call from her that she is now pregnant and is not planning on telling her parents. her dad does not know she is even seeing this guy and her mom has been playing the "friend" and not the mother. I had told all my younger cousins that they can confide in me for anything, but if I feel that they are in danger or that they are putting someone else in danger, I will tell their parents. I moved away from home and now I'm finding out that she has been skipping school, running away, smoking, and drinking, on top of now being pregnant. I am telling her parents about the pregnancy, but due to her parents phones being shut off for the night, I have to wait until tomorrow. I need advice on how to tell them and what to do to help straighten her out. how do I know she won't run away or run away with this stupid 21yr old? is there any legal action that can be taken?

Tell her parents about the pregnancy, and perhaps place a call to child services. She obviously needs more (and not less) adult supervision, and that may need to involve the court system.

While the age of consent is 16, if the baby was conceived prior to her 16th birthday both her boyfriend and her parents could face criminal charges.

Be honest about it- tell her daddy. I think the boyfriend is gonna take off when he finds out his GF is carrying. If he doesn't, there's likely be a missing persons report done on him after the daddy finds out.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Be honest about it and tell her dad!

Super Moderator

plainjane, please do not reply to old threads. This thread is over 8 months old. Thanks.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.