Thread: I believe my husband is slipping into senior dementia, I observed this in my mom

Default I believe my husband is slipping into senior dementia, I observed this in my mom

I'm here from the Philippines with 4 year old son on a temporary green card.
    Husband is taking all family income from various sources and sending it to a car builder in Chico, CA. to build a '32 Ford Roadster, and we end up with insufficient monies to purchase food. I'm reluctant to leave the senile old fool for fear of deportation. My cousin lives near by and we can go over there and eat but just myself and son. I fear contacting child protective services for fear they take my son in to custody & possibly place in a foster home. My cousin moving to another city one hundred miles away soon asked son & I to move with her so we eat regularly and not evicted for non payment of rent.

Weigh A Pie...the last county before Canada

If your spouse is not providing for you and your son - I'm assuming he sponsored you, correct? - then that is not only a form of neglect/abuse, but he is not abiding by the terms of the I-864 Affidavit of Support that he signed.

(This is a promise to the US government that you and your son will not become public charges, and in the cases of divorce it can be used to negotiate spousal support; several sponsored immigrants have sued their sponsors successfully for support in this way).

I'd like you to read this right here

And also, consider checking into local shelters. This website has very helpful resources, too.

Even though you are on the conditional green-card, it is possible to adjust your status even if you divorce.

Default Dogmatique

Yes my husband did in fact sponsor me. I received your attachment I'm not knowledgeable of the laws in USA
    so I located this forum in hopes of a bright person to shed some light for this issue. I hate to divorce him but son & I have grown accustom to eating regularly. The problem is he has failed to recognize he has a problem,
    he thinks his behavior is OK his friend of 50 years my cousin's husband will no longer tolerate him as he is such a fool.
    Let me reiterate what I understand so I'm off in the right direction. I'm thinking go to live with cousin & her husband, file for a divorce and ask for spousal support per his agreement with immigration to support son & I
    perhaps this well give him the much needed wake up call and he'll get the help he so desperately needs
    Once more thank your for your kindness for helping this immigrant young women & 4 year old son. Pinoy

Last I recall, a 72 hour psych evaluation isn't just for the violent & suicidal, but for those that are at risk of harming themselves or others. And in this case it sounds an awful lot like it to me.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!