Thread: I live in my motor home Washington

Default I live in my motor home Washington

I live full time in a 36ft fully self contained motor home. It is the only asset I own that is worth anything, about $17,000, on a really good day. Would it be exempt if I filed for Chapter 7 in WA?

Super Moderator

Here's a link for you with the exemptions in Washington:

http://www.bankruptcyaction.com/waexemptions.htm
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Thank you Betty3. I am still unclear if my motor home (RV), as opposed to mobile home, falls under "Homestead" in WA. This is what I found:
    RCW 6.13.010
    Homestead, what constitutes "Owner," "net value" defined.

(1) The homestead consists of real or personal property that the owner uses as a residence. In the case of a dwelling house or mobile home, the homestead consists of the dwelling house or the mobile home in which the owner resides or intends to reside, with appurtenant buildings, and the land on which the same are situated and by which the same are surrounded, or improved or unimproved land owned with the intention of placing a house or mobile home thereon and residing thereon. A mobile home may be exempted under this chapter whether or not it is permanently affixed to the underlying land and whether or not the mobile home is placed upon a lot owned by the mobile home owner. Property included in the homestead must be actually intended or used as the principal home for the owner.

(2) As used in this chapter, the term "owner" includes but is not limited to a purchaser under a deed of trust, mortgage, or real estate contract.

(3) As used in this chapter, the term "net value" means market value less all liens and encumbrances senior to the judgment being executed upon and not including the judgment being executed upon.

Super Moderator

Probably exempt since it is your residence. You could run it by a bankruptcy attorney in your state to be on the safe side.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.