Thread: Underage Drinking ticket "Not Driving" North Carolina

Default Underage Drinking ticket "Not Driving" North Carolina

My finaces son got a ticket last night for underage drinking, everybody he was with was of age and he is 20 but was in a vehicle with the others as they pulled into a club and the cop looked through the vehicle and found empty containers and gave him a underage drinking ticket. I got one yrs ago and it was just a fine and that was it, is there anything in particular he can do to get rid of it or does he have to go to court regardless?

Exclamation Das ist in der Doktor!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendel72 View Post
    My finaces son got a ticket last night for underage drinking, everybody he was with was of age and he is 20 but was in a vehicle with the others as they pulled into a club and the cop looked through the vehicle and found empty containers and gave him a underage drinking ticket.
    I got one yrs ago and it was just a fine and that was it,
    Times have changed.
    Since he's over eighteen there is a likelihood of his citation showing up on his criminal record.
    You failed to mention whether or not he had been drinking,
    but I think it would safe to assume that he contributed his fair share of the empties

is there anything in particular he can do to get rid of it
    Maybe, there is the possibility of having the citation dismissed, provided he has a clean record and expresses a genuine desire to seek counseling....
    It doesn't hurt to ask.

or does he have to go to court regardless?
    Yep.
    He should also be prepared for the possibility of having has license suspended,
    The mood of the courts these days is one that they take a very dim view when someone underage is with in one square mile of alcohol and a motor vehicle.

..________________
    ~ Life has a way of teaching us things that our parents couldn’t or wouldn’t,
    sometimes with fatal consequences,
    ..for not paying attention.
    Last edited by drruthless; 02-20-2012 at 03:02 AM.