Thread: Is this malpractice? Colorado

Default Is this malpractice? Colorado

Ok, I have a lawyer that was working for me for a few years on a criminal case.

First, he decided on a tactic that I and others warned him repeatedly that it would fail. End result? It failed.
    Second, when I calmly and politely expressed to him that I don't feel that he was doing his work in my best interests, he became hostile and swearing, going far enough to repeatedly call me a form of "fish crap" while yelling at me.
    Third, in the same conversation he has made the claim of "all the time I spent talking to you" justifying the expenses.

In previous discussions he told me of his application to be appointed by the governor as a judge.
    He also nearly guaranteed that I'd win the case.
    And in two instances he has ran for office as state rep., and in once instance nearly begging me to donate to his platform.

And a large percent of this is recorded.
    Is this abuse and is it actionable through the state attorney discipline system?
    Last edited by cactus jack; 02-14-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Sounds like it. Wonder what a nice malpractice complaint would do to his political career? Make sure you get a complete copy of your file from him before you fire him and file the complaint. Oh, he'll want to charge you a bundle for the copy of the file....
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Cool Das ist in der Doktor!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Dodd View Post
    Sounds like it. Wonder what a nice malpractice complaint would do to his political career? Make sure you get a complete copy of your file from him before you fire him and file the complaint. Oh, he'll want to charge you a bundle for the copy of the file....
    I think that would make him a shoe in for congress,
    he could claim any convictions as having job related experience
    on his resume....
    ( Now tell me you didn't see that one coming..)
    ..___________________
    ~ The desire to light a fire under ones attorney,
    has to be carefully weighed against the likelihood of burning down the whole d@mn forest in the process. ~ drr

VOTE ALL INCUMBENTS OUT IN 2012,
    WE NEED TO MAKE ROOM FOR A NEW BATCH OF CROOKS !!
    Last edited by drruthless; 02-15-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Ok, I've been going through my recordings, and when I have them all together and labeled I'll get something going against him. Man, THAT is a pain in the somewhere special, I tell ya!

He sent me a bunch of my files, but not all of them. Last time I talked to him he said "that's all I have". According to the court, he also has all of my transcripts. Something he said he doesn't have. And I paid for those.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!