Thread: how long to extradite someone from illinois to wisconsin Wisconsin

Question how long to extradite someone from illinois to wisconsin Wisconsin

My daughter is sitting in cook county jail. she went to court was given 2yrs promation, but Ill. will not release her because she has a warrant in sauk county wis. Wis. knows she's there but has yet to go get her. Her court date was 1/1/12. Is there a time limit that wis. has to go get her, Or is there something I can do to get her out of cook county. She has a public defender in wis. but doesn't seem like he's doing much of anything.
    Last edited by rufusme; 02-08-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Lightbulb Das ist in der Doktor!

Quote Originally Posted by rufusme View Post
    My daughter is sitting in cook county jail. she went to court was given 2yrs promation, but Ill. will not release her because she has a warrant in sauk county wis. Wis. knows she's there but has yet to go get her. Her court date was 1/1/12. Is there a time limit that wis. has to go get her, Or is there something I can do to get her out of cook county. She has a public defender in wis. but doesn't seem like he's doing much of anything.
    There are time limits on which to extradite someone, but it would depend on why your daughter is wanted in Wisconsin and since you didn't say what that is, I can't help you.
    And even if the time limit has expired, that is not a get out of jail free card.
    Extraditions are expensive, so anything short of a capital crime, Wisconsin would most likely be more than happy to just leave her where she is.
    Warrants however, have no time limits, they never go away, so the one she has in Wisconsin will be there waiting for her when she gets off probation.

As far as her public defender in Wisconsin, you have to understand that as long as Wisconsin is not willing to extradite your daughter there is nothing he can do.
    And getting her out of Cook Co.?
    She could ask her probation officer for an inter-state transfer but the chances of getting one are somewhere between zero and zip.
    She's not going anywhere until Illinois is through with her.
    ..______________
    ~ Free advice is like a public defender,
    …you get what you pay for. ~ drr
    Last edited by drruthless; 02-10-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: new facts