Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How about this one

Thumbs up Outstanding idea!!

I just had to use that auto saved feature..
    I don't know how or where it went but I got it back
    its great to not have to retype 15 minuets worth of work,
    .. due to fat thumbs

Super Moderator

Hey, great! That's a good thing to use it for.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by TSCompliance View Post
    I just experienced something similar to what Dr. Ruthless reported.
    As I typed a long response post, suddenly the scroll-bar on the right of the post field went rapidly up & down a bunch of times. The mouse or cursor were not involved at all. It was more like trying to write on a piece of paper while someone else slides the paper all over the table.

You won't get a scroll bar on the right of the post you're typing unless your post gets long enough to require one. Then the scroll bar, and therefore the whole field you're typing in moves up & down, up & down.
    After careful analysis I have come to the conclusion that 98% of the aforementioned problems I have been experiencing probably has something to with my computer.
    I say that only because nothing happens if I use my old computer, which is slower than the second coming. and prone to freezing up, or so slow I can't tell the difference.
    The other 2%, I still wonder if it doesn't have something to with the changer over we went through a few months ago

There seems to be a direct correlation with the length of my response or the length of the OPs question when the reply with quote function is engaged
    If either is relatively short no problems.
    If either of the two are long winded it's only a short matter of time before things start jumping around so much that I am forced to log off.

Could anyone suggest a computer help site with members who possess the patience of saints and a since of humor?
    Last edited by drruthless; 02-22-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Sounds to me that your problem is your computer. You bought a Dell, didn't you?
    I've always known the MooBox to be made of "bad milk".
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Hi drruthless. When I have computer problems I check with www.geekstogo.com. They have a forum like this one, and if you post your problem someone will normally reply with help.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by drruthless View Post
    After careful analysis I have come to the conclusion that 98% of the aforementioned problems I have been experiencing probably has something to with my computer.
    I say that only because nothing happens if I use my old computer, which is slower than the second coming. and prone to freezing up, or so slow I can't tell the difference.
    The other 2%, I still wonder if it doesn't have something to with the changer over we went through a few months ago

There seems to be a direct correlation with the length of my response or the length of the OPs question when the reply with quote function is engaged
    If either is relatively short no problems.
    If either of the two are long winded it's only a short matter of time before things start jumping around so much that I am forced to log off.

Could anyone suggest a computer help site with members who possess the patience of saints and a since of humor?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by cactus jack View Post
    Sounds to me that your problem is your computer. You bought a Dell, didn't you?
    I've always known the MooBox to be made of "bad milk".
    No, that ain't what I got Perhaps you're confusing Gateway and Dell. Gateway are the ones with the Holstein hides on the box,
    Dell, just can't spell.
    Mine is generic IBM clone, vintage mid 2000 would be my guess.
    yard sale find.
    Right now it's holding steady but as the word count go up she starts flipping out

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by KCinMadCity View Post
    Hi drruthless. When I have computer problems I check with www.geekstogo.com. They have a forum like this one, and if you post your problem someone will normally reply with help.

Good luck!
    Thanks, I'll give them a shot, but first I want to figure out how to add a screen shot to my posting.
    When it comes to computers I'm self taught, so I don't know all those $100 dollar words to describe my problems and I don't want to look any more stupid than I already do.
    so I thought a screen shot might help. Maybe I can practice at the lounge?
    So far TSComplyance was to say he had the same problem on two different computers and his description of the problem was right on. I should drop him/her a line and see if he figured it out or just gave up. Been a while since we've heard from em anyway....
    c/ya

Exclamation The wicked witch is dead!

To those who didn't think it important enough to look into the problem of the posting field jumping around that I and TSComplyance were having,
    Use the Full editing mode, not short, not standard, but Full editing.
    No more trying to hit a moving target with a cursor

.._________________
    ~ I may look old, slow, and stupid,
    but
    ...that's part of the plan to lure you in close enough
    to have my seeing eye dog bite you
    and hit you with my cane.
    Last edited by drruthless; 03-15-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Weigh A Pie...the last county before Canada

I can't help but wonder if this is a GIGO error!

Question Hook, Line, and Sinker??

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmatique View Post
    I can't help but wonder if this is a GIGO error!

Ok, I'll bite,
    whats a GIGO error?

Weigh A Pie...the last county before Canada

Quote Originally Posted by drruthless View Post
    Ok, I'll bite,
    whats a GIGO error?

Dok, please know that I say this with my tongue embedded completely within my cheek...

Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Let me buy you a drink

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmatique View Post
    Dok, please know that I say this with my tongue embedded completely within my cheek...

Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Let me buy you a drink
    Ditto....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12