Thread: Mechanic issues... Texas

Question Mechanic issues... Texas

I own a 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix....I have recently had to have the engine replaced due to cracked heads...the mechanic replaced spark plugs and wires, water pump, hose...the normal routine...he also cleaned and had my radiator rodded out by a radiator business here locally...when I got my car back I was having to refill my transmission fluid on a regular basis...to be more specific about 3gls and 3 qts...and seen I had a transmission fluid leak behind the passenger side tire over the cv joint...and it wasn't leaking as much fluid as I was putting in but kept having problems with my transmission trying to slip...mind you this was all in less than a month and a half...the transmission lines are not anywhere near the passenger side of my car other than connections into my radiator...I figured out the leak was in the lines inside the radiator and took the radiator back to my mechanic to fix...he he is now trying to charge me for those repairs as well...I've already paid over $3000 to fix my car and don't feel I should have to pay for this since he did take it out to have work done to it even tho he says he didn't cause the problem...am I correct and how do I go about dealing with this?

Lightbulb Das ist in der Doktor!

I would suggest you contact your states department of consumer affairs or its equivalent, they might be able to point you in the right direction.
    Good Luck.

..______________________
    ~ Free advice is like a public defender,
    …you get what you pay for. ~ drr