Thread: Sex and Dating ? Texas

Wink Sex and Dating ? Texas

What are the law rescrictions on dating and having sex in texas ? I am 16 and my boyfriend is 23, if we get pulled over and i tell the officer he is my boyfriend. Can he get in trouble ? No sexual relations at all.

No way, no how. Age of consent in Texas is 17. Not a day earlier. AND if your parents don't want him around you at 17, they can get a restraining order and he can be arrested and put in jail. AND even if your parents like him now, he could still get in trouble later.

He is WAY too old for you. 23 year olds have no business dating a 16 year old. There are reasons why they have these laws - most teens who get pregnant are impregnated by older guys. A guy his age is dating someone your age because a) younger girls are easier to manipulate or control, and b) because they are too immature to date someone their own age. Neither is good for you.

No one here is going to tell you different. We have all been teenagers, and we all have 20/20 hindsight vision.

And by the way, if you DO have sex with him, or any sexual contact with him prior to turning 17, even if your parents don't care, he CAN be arrested for it and have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

Find someone under 18 to date. I don't care how mature you think you are or how you all think you're soul mates. You just don't know what you don't know.
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Weigh A Pie...the last county before Canada

..and would this be your step-dad's brother, OP?

Super Moderator
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.