I'm new here and was wondering if someone could answer the following:
I work for a call center and the on-call policy has changed to the following:
1. Hours 8pm-6:30am. Starts monday night-the next monday morning
2. 5 hours of premium pay added to pay. (rate + $7.5/hr)
3. You must check the queue every 2 hours max Even overnight.
4. You must work your normal shift during the day
5. You cannot punch in while checking the queue, only to do actually work.
6. must carry a company phone and respond to automated calls and customers within 2 hours.
Can they really make me work 1 week straight?
Isnt there something i can do because only taking 2 hour naps for 1 week is going to impact my health.
Since I have to respond to customer and be never a internet conection where I can talk to customer and perform my job, shouldnt they be paying for my entire time on-call?
thanks in advance.