Thread: early termination of commercial lease Missouri

Default early termination of commercial lease Missouri

Hello! I signed a lease that went into effect April 15 for a small office space. I am a counselor, and the space seemed great. I was told I would have a parking spot in which there are signs for, but when the company has large events or trainings they are not enforced leaving my clients and myself to park quite a ways from the doors around the back of the building.

Additionally, while in session there are people having loud conversations in the hall and when they are preparing for events the rearrangement of furniture in adjacent rooms is very distracting. I've talked to them to kind of get an idea of a schedule but they said it varies day to day.

Is there a clause that I can get out of the lease within so many days after signing, or are these circumstances enough to help me legally get out of it? It is not conducive to my business.

Commercial leases don't have implied covenenants like residential leases. You'll have to have an attorney review the lease to let you know what your options are. Have you contacted the owner to discuss options for parking/noisse?
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

I am totally new to this business thing. I have worked in a school previously and venturing into private practice. I viewed a lot of spaces and really liked this one as it was clean and sophisticated looking. I know it's a conference center and has events on the weekends, but I had no idea that they had large trainings going on constantly.

Yes, I spoke to them and they had a "eh, what are ya gonna do" type response because people are parking in the "tenant only" spots.

Place "reserved parking, Violators will be towed" signs, and have the cars towed.