Thread: how to report a marriage fraud Texas

Default how to report a marriage fraud Texas

Hi i know i am not an attorney or lawyer... im just a regular guy with a question behind a story..or is it the other way around :-P. i wouldn't come here if i wasnt pushed to a corner..
    I fell in love with a girl of another religion and race who i've been with secretly ever since we met, around 4 months now.. She knew i was here ilegaly and wanted to help me so i can finish school and just basically have a better life.. anyway i just recently found out the truth into why she never even got married with me to start the legalization proccess soon after..
    i found out she was already married with a guy 17 years older than her because the girls mother wanted to help him get his papers fixed.. 2 years ago..."now" they went through an interview where his female friend helped by being the translator because he didnt speak english and my girlfriend did. She told me that they passed the interview about 2 weeks ago, around the time i found out and she had told me everything..

I always had a bad relationship with this guy.. so i dont care what happens with him... but if i report this fraud marriage my girlfriend or girl i used to love... will get criminal charges and be on her record.. i came to a decision to join the military because its the only way for me to better my life now and i want to serve this, my country... because i was here since i was 2 or 3(i dont remember when my mother got that visa)and know nothing else..very soon i will meet the requirements to join.. thanks recruiter benavides
    ..Her mother had more to do with this fake marriage but she loves her mother to death and will hate me if i did this report..i even think the man forced this marriage a bit because he is way younger than the mother(38,56) and made her fall in love with him somehow.

Is there a way for me to report this fraud marriage without my ex-girlfriend and her mother deported or charged criminally?..or what should she do now?
    (currently he is waiting in the mail for his permanent residency acceptance letter or whatever it is because the interviewer approved their marriage, he is in texas the girl in florida right now)

p.s. i have proof in pictures i will not show of the pictures she took so that the legal offices believe the marriage.. untill im satisfied or happy with an answer to my question, ill make the full report. Amen and godspeed!

Weigh A Pie...the last county before Canada

If she partook in a fraudulent marriage solely to obtain or confer immigration benefits, your girlfriend would get into a huge amount of trouble.

However, I'm not seeing fraud.

You said that she fell in love with him - that's not fraud.

Regretting that she got married? That's not fraud, either. I think, in all honesty, you're being fed a line.

If she wants to get divorced, she simply gets divorced.

Sorry for the confusion... she never fell in love with the guy... like i said i have proof of pictures, texts, phone calls between me and her... also she took pictures to prove in the immigration offices that the marriage was legit and i have them in my phone too.. but its just so they can believe the marriage... it is a fake marriage bro...
    I was never a part of it... she told me all of this actually and we are still together.. but if i report this and she gets in trouble then we would probably break up and i wouldnt see her again... this is why i am here... i dont want to ruin my relationship with her, but the guy is taking advantage of my girl and her mothers money

Quote Originally Posted by legit View Post
    Sorry for the confusion... she never fell in love with the guy... like i said i have proof of pictures, texts, phone calls between me and her... also she took pictures to prove in the immigration offices that the marriage was legit and i have them in my phone too.. but its just so they can believe the marriage... it is a fake marriage bro...
    I was never a part of it... she told me all of this actually and we are still together.. but if i report this and she gets in trouble then we would probably break up and i wouldnt see her again... this is why i am here... i dont want to ruin my relationship with her, but the guy is taking advantage of my girl and her mothers money

Hmm.. I have a couple of questions.

What's her status? Is she a LPR who sponsored him? Who is sponsoring him?

She got naturalized at age 18 she had green card from an immediate family members petition- us. citizen
    She didnt tell me much about him or i dont remember if she gave detail.. but i do remember her saying that he came here with a visa in 2005 to expire 5 to 10 months, talking about architecture or something like that... he came here for work or something.. about lpr? i guess she sponsored him, she told me she did all the paperwork because they dont speak english or trust anyone with this matter, and she is smart... college student 2 years ago.. so they turned to her and she did it because she wanted to make her mom happy.. so no lawyers were involved untill now... it was her doing all the research and telling them what to do as instructed by her research
    Last edited by legit; 09-19-2011 at 06:19 PM.

So you want to turn her in for a 'fraudulent' marriage because it prevents YOU from marrying her to get citizenship??
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Haha i love you guys,,, i dont mean to confuse anyone... I don't want to marry her for the sole purpose of fixing papers or any benefits, i dont need anyone to help me in my life, i have been undocumented for 20 years...
    i learned to find ways to live by and believe me it is hard... being undocumented forced me to quit school and do bad things in my life... i dont need to marry for papers ok?
    i dont like to be pampered or complain about anything... I like to earn my living thank you even if its just $40 for a whole 11 hour day of work.. if my girl loves me its not because of money or im handsome... we just clicked, we have alot of chemistry together.

I am mad that this guy is taking a big advantage of the mother because they started the process short after they met each other... its not hard to assume why a 54 year old woman decided to help a 36 old man at the time.. why did she use her daughter? and also, my girl friend mentioned he was going to compensate her for helping him.. she doesnt go to school, she does everything online, she has very few expenses.. and i assure you she doesnt care about him one bit, she also hasnt seen a dime from him, supposively her mom says he will pay soon.

I am not a college student i dropped out at 9th, will take the initiative soon to start my legalization process on my own for the sole purpose of serving my country and changing my life by studying for a career.. make my life better

Shouldn't you worry as an illegal that contacting the government may have bad consequences for you? If your status is checked you could find yourself deported just like the husband.

I am not worried... i do not get in any criminal mischief in this stage of my life, my adult record is clean(18+) The only law i am breaking is staying here longer than i should have and not taking any initiative in fixing my papers "undocumented". But how do i do that when i was brought here at age 3?.. when i got older maybe around 13 i found out i was an immigrant and was here undocumented.
    On the other hand this guy came here in 2005 at age 32 with visa to work in restaurant and make money to support his family, or so he says.. It expired.. he should have gone back or if he liked it here he should have taken initiative to start paperwork in his country like everyone else .. other than that he treats other workers bad and has an attitude because he is one of the cooks and is lazy, selfish.. he drinks almost every night and has even threatened me before..
    If my country likes men like him so be it.. i will do what i think is right because in this case where a family came here to have a better life.. now have to help this guy because he made the mom fall in love with him and is not fair for the girl, i wouldnt do that to them... I wouldn't do that to anyone... if i was him and if a woman loves me and is willing to support me, i would start the process and she would support me all the way.. I would never suggest or accept her daughter to marry me and mess her life up just to speed up the documentation..

I'm a little confused here, and I think the OP may be, as well.

1) brought to US at age 3. Not done anything to work toward making self legal.

2) says wants to join military because only way to better his life. Illegals can join the military?

3) wants to destroy his friend's marriage.

4) then wants to marry her.

5) says he loves this country.

My opinon? Stop looking at her life and start looking at yours. Yes, becoming legal in the US is difficult, and takes time and money. But rather than focusing on how you can get your "friend" to divorce her husband and marry you, start focusing on the steps you can take to get honest about the whole situation. Then, if you want to become a US citizen, start taking the steps to do that on your own, without destroying someone else's life. Otherwise, quite frankly, I am not interested in having you join my country as a legal citizen. Not interested in having folks here who want to tear down someone else's life.
    Last edited by lolcat; 09-20-2011 at 09:05 AM.

I completely agree with lolcat. I came to this country as a child also, but I did the studying and took the steps necessary to become a naturalized citizen many years ago. It angers me when others, be they refugees like me or just foreign-born, don't respect this country enough to follow its laws.

Sounds to me like you're just a disgruntled ex-boyfriend who is vindictive and wants to ruin someone else's life because you can't have what you want. Your garbled account of your ex's mother falling in love with the new man on the scene is senseless. Frankly, none of any of it is your business.

And the fact that you've been in trouble with the law in the past doesn't endear you to me either. I think it would be poetic justice if YOU got deported.

Quote Originally Posted by bethinsf View Post
    I completely agree with lolcat. I came to this country as a child also, but I did the studying and took the steps necessary to become a naturalized citizen many years ago. It angers me when others, be they refugees like me or just foreign-born, don't respect this country enough to follow its laws.

Sounds to me like you're just a disgruntled ex-boyfriend who is vindictive and wants to ruin someone else's life because you can't have what you want. Your garbled account of your ex's mother falling in love with the new man on the scene is senseless. Frankly, none of any of it is your business.

And the fact that you've been in trouble with the law in the past doesn't endear you to me either. I think it would be poetic justice if YOU got deported.
    I agree with lolcat too.. but theres alot you dont know about me to judge me instantly. I am a loyal honest and very respectful person.. lets say if you ever met me somehow..through work a friend or a special occasion.. you would see that. If i wasnt i would plot against others or act in criminal mischief. also im not the ex boyfriend i am her current boyfriend and she doesnt know i am here asking a question to random interns or lawyers/ attorneys..
    The reason why we have such diverse problems is that im hispanic the man is asian and so is my girlfriend and the mother are asian.. if you knew about immigration cases and about marriages you would understand like anyone going into a family there always has to be an approval of the family , it could be from the aunt.. or maybe just the parents.. my point is that it was easy for him to convince the woman because they hit it off being from the same town or province.. and then me and my girlfriend being in love is something new to them, so my girlfriend told me from the beginning we should hide our relationship from her mother for a while ... its a long story really.. im here to get facts not someone tell me im wrong and they dont know me that well.

lolcat you are right and wrong about people in my social status not being able to join the military.. there is only one thing that prevents me from joining and like i said i am going to take initiative soon for it, no one is above me because they did the paperwork sooner than i did, i had my struggles or problems i had to deal with alone, no one supported me and if i get denied so be it, i might die going to mexico because i dont know anything about it but if thats what must happen then i guess i have no choice but to oblige... but after go back to school and do my 15 hours of collge courses... i will start my paperwork process.

Edit-
    Thank you guys for all your helpfull responses, i really learned alot from you. But i havent got any real answers only from the first guys who commented, he basically pointed out that theres nothing she can do now and that she has to go through with the whole thing... thats ok, she will be with me after they divorce and can marry me a year after that, but either way.. when i finish the military i will marry my baby. Amen, godspeed!
    Last edited by legit; 09-20-2011 at 10:19 AM.

I agree with lolcat too.. but theres alot you dont know about me to judge me instantly. I am a loyal honest and very respectful person.. lets say if you ever met me somehow..through work a friend or a special occasion.. you would see that. If i wasnt i would plot against others or act in criminal mischief. also im not the ex boyfriend i am her current boyfriend and she doesnt know i am here asking a question to random interns or lawyers/ attorneys..
    The reason why we have such diverse problems is that im hispanic the man is asian and so is my girlfriend and the mother are asian.. if you knew about immigration cases and about marriages you would understand like anyone going into a family there always has to be an approval of the family , it could be from the aunt.. or maybe just the parents.. my point is that it was easy for him to convince the woman because they hit it off being from the same town or province.. and then me and my girlfriend being in love is something new to them, so my girlfriend told me from the beginning we should hide our relationship from her mother for a while ... its a long story really.. im here to get facts not someone tell me im wrong and they dont know me that well.

lolcat you are right and wrong about people in my social status not being able to join the military.. there is only one thing that prevents me from joining and like i said i am going to take initiative soon for it, no one is above me because they did the paperwork sooner than i did, i had my struggles or problems i had to deal with alone, no one supported me and if i get denied so be it, i might die going to mexico because i dont know anything about it but if thats what must happen then i guess i have no choice but to oblige... but after go back to school and do my 15 hours of collge courses... i will start my paperwork process.

Edit-
    Thank you guys for all your helpfull responses, i really learned alot from you. But i havent got any real answers only from the first guys who commented, he basically pointed out that theres nothing she can do now and that she has to go through with the whole thing... thats ok, she will be with me after they divorce and can marry me a year after that, but either way.. when i finish the military i will marry my baby. Amen, godspeed!

I've got news for you, OP. If you entered the country illegally not only are you not joining the military, but you're likely going to be subject to deportation yourself.

You cannot adjust your status from within the US.

Sorry - it's not possible. You would have to leave the country and you'd be subject to an automatic bar from re-entry (likely 10 years).

I still think you're being fed a line, and just fyi - I'm 38 and my DH is 50.

Dogmatique- Thanks for your commenting and i did enter here legally read my first post, my mother brought me here with a temporary visa at the age of 2 or 3, my sister in college has the original document.. i havent bothered asking for it yet... but ive done my research and ive spoke to a recruiter openly about it.

The only thing i havent done research with is this part of the immigration law, marital.. i should have studied the matter a bit before commenting, because my first instinct was that there was no way she could do anything now to stop the fake marriage, only thing she can do is wait a year after the guy gets the paperwork done before she divorces so there would be no problems with that...
    I came to the conclusion to let this marriage happen even tho it hurts me, im in a complicated relationship but thats life... i love my girl and am willing to wait for this fake marriage to finish... i never wanted to bring her problems thats why i came here...
    If she wasnt my girlfriend i wouldnt care about reporting that.. everyone has their problems and if they get in trouble for breaking the law so be it... i dont want to ruin someones life... people i love and most especially my girlfriend.

oh and dogmatique... you guys are about 10 years apart, this guy and my girls mom are almost 20 years apart... he is 38 and she will be 57 this year..not saying age is a factor in this country but you have to look at some facts about these two that i dont want to further comment about.. im done.

oh and dogmatique... you guys are about 10 years apart, this guy and my girls mom are almost 20 years apart... he is 38 and she will be 57 this year..not saying age is a factor in this country but you have to look at some facts about these two that i dont want to further comment about.. im done.

You know..at the end of the day, this really isn't your legal business.

I still think you need to be cautious - because I still think someone is lying to you.

You are right about that and i will be cautious... - I can only lie to myself.

Thanks for your expertise input really got me thinking about some things..

I wish you guys luck with your lives as professionals.. i wish i was more motivated at a young age to stay in school.. i wanted to be a lawyer or engineer Bye all

i wish i was more motivated at a young age to stay in school.. i wanted to be a lawyer or engineer Bye all
    It's never too late. I almost flunked out of high school. Wasn't on the college path. I became a bus driver but went back to school part time, making up the classes I didnt' take in high school, like math etc. Eventually went full time (student aid) and eventually got a law degree. It CAN be done, you just need motivation and a lot of hard work.
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.