Thread: romeo and juliet laws , Florida

Default romeo and juliet laws , Florida

im 17 in florida and i had sex with my 14 year old girlfriend do the romeo and juilet laws apply in my case ?

Exclamation You had better HOPE so!

Quote Originally Posted by jw1234 View Post
    im 17 in florida and i had sex with my 14 year old girlfriend do the romeo and juilet laws apply in my case ?
    You can ask your attorney at the time of your arraignment.

..__________________
    ~ The thing about getting older is,
    your body has a way of telling you when itís time to start making decisions,
    ...using a different part of your anatomy. ~ drr

Super Moderator

Since your girlfriend is under the age of 16, no, they do not. Florida's close in age exemptions, often referred to Romeo and Juliet laws, apply ONLY to 16 and 17 year olds.

There is no legal way to have sex with a 14 year old in Florida. Or, indeed, in most states.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Super Moderator

This poster has a "posting history" that might want to be looked at.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Weigh A Pie...the last county before Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Betty3 View Post
    This poster has a "posting history" that might want to be looked at.

This is the young man who had a huge temper tantrum, isn't it?

Good grief. I really hope her parents find out and get the DA involved to the fullest extent possible.

Super Moderator

This is one of the prior threads:

http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=280623
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

A 14 year old is too young to be dating, much less having sex. You are a sexual predator.
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

I'm very curious.

The other thread/s were about a 16 year old girlfriend.

OP was completely distraught about not being able to talk to her.

Now...there's a 14 year old to take her place?

Hmmm. Curiouser and curiouser....

Super Moderator

And while I have not gone back over the previous threads, was he not jumping up and down about how it was not about sex?

Ladies and gentlemen, we have here either a sexual predator in training, or a troll. You may take your pick.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

really ?! wtf i am askin for advice im not a sexual peredator . first i have dated her for over 4 months now and it was consentual and i looked it up it does apply to 14 year olds so someoe dont know what the talkin bout and all this bs slander should be removed i did not asked to be critisized , this is a website for help not a-holes who get their jollys but screwin wit poeple and i didnt throw a temper tamtrum i was pissed cause of this right here askin for help and getin nothing but critisizim

Super Moderator

Really? Why don't you go ahead and post where it applies to 14 year olds.

We'll wait.

While you're at it, why don't you take a look at FL Sec. 800.04, specifically section 5(d). And do look at the definitions while you're there.
    Last edited by cbg; 09-18-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Super Moderator

I see that you don't like being shown to be wrong. Your post with the questionable language has been deleted. If you have information that overturns the statute I just posted, which clearly makes 17 and 14 a crime, please do feel free to post it. Otherwise, I think your legal question has been answered correctly.

Wow, you've been dating a whole 4 months!. Well, that changes everything. And how long did you wait until you go into her pants? Like I said, she's too young to be dating, much less having sex with an older guy.
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by jw1234 View Post
    really ?! wtf i am askin for advice im not a sexual peredator . first i have dated her for over 4 months now and it was consentual and i looked it up it does apply to 14 year olds so someoe dont know what the talkin bout and all this bs slander should be removed i did not asked to be critisized , this is a website for help not a-holes who get their jollys but screwin wit poeple and i didnt throw a temper tamtrum i was pissed cause of this right here askin for help and getin nothing but critisizim

You're trolling. Because really - nobody can be that clueless. And for heaven's sake, even the most basic spell-checker is your friend.

(Though I suppose there's still some curiosity - is this the 16 year old? A new 14 year old? Or was he lying to begin with? Is the 16 year old now long gone? Did she lose 2 years? Did we make a time machine? The nation scratches its head....)
    Last edited by Dogmatique; 09-19-2011 at 02:44 AM.

We recently got a question from a young lady who was about the age of your young lady when she got pregnant. This young lady said she was now mad at the baby daddy and wanted to have him arrested for statutory rape.

This could happen to you.

In which case you could be convicted, go to jail, and forever after have to register as a sexual offender, wherever you live.

Talk about life limiting choices.

So on 8/31/11 the OP had a 16 year old girlfriend whose parents threatened to take out a restraining order to keep him away from her. The OP was distraught and could not stand to be apart from this girl.

Now he has a 14 year old girlfriend, whom he has been dating for 4 months.

So, he was either cheating on the 16-year-old love of his life with this 14 year old, or he's just a troll making things up.

Exclamation Das ist in der Doktor!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmatique View Post
    You're trolling. Because really - nobody can be that clueless. And for heaven's sake, even the most basic spell-checker is your friend.

(Though I suppose there's still some curiosity - is this the 16 year old? A new 14 year old? Or was he lying to begin with? Is the 16 year old now long gone? Did she lose 2 years? Did we make a time machine? The nation scratches its head....)
    If for no more reason than pure entertainment,
    this person would have received the coveted iggy award long ago.
    Just when I think Iíve seen or heard it all,
    someone has to come along and prove stupidly is contagious

..____________________
    ~ Never argue with an idiot,
    they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience!!

Super Moderator

Okay, I think this thread has run its course.