Thread: Arkansas Divorce involving a child Arkansas

Default Arkansas Divorce involving a child Arkansas

Hello, my partner is about to attempt to get divorced again from her husband.

He abandoned her over 3 years ago. about 2 years ago she represented her self in court to get a divorce and it was denied due to not meeting the seperation time. (believe it was 18 months)

Fast forward to now and we just celebrated the birth of a healthy baby boy. We were told a judge wouldnt allow a divorce if she was pregnant. Now the child is born and we were able to track down her husband who has been out of state since the seperation.

We sent him the forms from the hospital that says that he is not the father and that I am.

The child's birth certificate lists me as the father and the state has received the notorized forms with the husband acknowledged he is not the father.

With that being stated. Should she be able to file for divorce now and not have to go through any extra tasks since at birth we were able to get him to sign that he is not the father and the birth certificate list me as the father?? We just want to get this over so we can move on with our lives and mary so I can put the mother on my insurance, etc.

Weigh A Pie...the last county before Canada

Quote Originally Posted by psylocke View Post
    Hello, my partner is about to attempt to get divorced again from her husband.

He abandoned her over 3 years ago. about 2 years ago she represented her self in court to get a divorce and it was denied due to not meeting the seperation time. (believe it was 18 months)

Fast forward to now and we just celebrated the birth of a healthy baby boy. We were told a judge wouldnt allow a divorce if she was pregnant. Now the child is born and we were able to track down her husband who has been out of state since the seperation.

We sent him the forms from the hospital that says that he is not the father and that I am.

The child's birth certificate lists me as the father and the state has received the notorized forms with the husband acknowledged he is not the father.

With that being stated. Should she be able to file for divorce now and not have to go through any extra tasks since at birth we were able to get him to sign that he is not the father and the birth certificate list me as the father?? We just want to get this over so we can move on with our lives and mary so I can put the mother on my insurance, etc.

Yes, she can file for divorce now. She should submit all of the paperwork she has and be quite clear that there are NO children of the marriage.

I think it would be worth at least an initial consultation with a local attorney would be worth it