Thread: Hostile Work and I need help Colorado

Default Hostile Work and I need help Colorado

I was hired as part time-1 day a week with the option of taking more shifts but if I didn't it wouldn't be held against me. The person who does the schedule made mistakes on three shifts and put me in without my knowledge. My employer then claims I haven't been showing up for shifts. I think they are trying to push me out due to me finding out I have stage 5 kidney disease and will be on dialysis at some time. THis has not affected my work performance and there have been no complaints about me before this scheduling problem. My question is how can I prove that they are pushing me out because of my health problem. I don't plan on going on disability and want to work but they are finding reasons to push me. Also, there is no posted work schedule so I am at the mercy of the supervisor who changes it without telling me and then whenI don't show up I get in trouble.
    I just want to work. I need this job. They are making my life hell. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by CB1001 View Post
    I was hired as part time-1 day a week with the option of taking more shifts but if I didn't it wouldn't be held against me. The person who does the schedule made mistakes on three shifts and put me in without my knowledge. My employer then claims I haven't been showing up for shifts. I think they are trying to push me out due to me finding out I have stage 5 kidney disease and will be on dialysis at some time. THis has not affected my work performance and there have been no complaints about me before this scheduling problem. My question is how can I prove that they are pushing me out because of my health problem. I don't plan on going on disability and want to work but they are finding reasons to push me. Also, there is no posted work schedule so I am at the mercy of the supervisor who changes it without telling me and then whenI don't show up I get in trouble.
    I just want to work. I need this job. They are making my life hell. Thanks in advance.
    My suggestion would be to call the scheduler every day or so to make sure you are not on the schedule. Nothing you have indicated suggests they are trying to force you out due to you illness.

Have you spoken with your supervisor about how you (and other employees) are supposed to know what the schedule is if it isn't posted or shared with anyone?

Sounds like all that's happened is that the scheduler made an honest if stupid goof. There's no reason to assume the employer is trying to push you out because of your illness.

My favorite fortune cookie:
    Don't assume malice for what stupidity (or carelessness) can explain.