Thread: Harassment/Stalking CPO Ohio

Angry Harassment/Stalking CPO Ohio

My friend had called his soon to be ex and while on the phone with her he heard his teenage daughter ask in the background if he was with that "hippo", which was in reference to me and in turn his ex said that he was.

I sent her an email letting her know that I did not apperciate being referred to like that especially by her teenage daughter and then in turn her agreeing to her daughter's statement. A few emails where exchanged back and forth and some not so nice things said by either side, but nothing suggesting violence. She informed me via email the next day that she had filed a TPO against me for stalking.

I'm not so much worried about the TPO/CPO being put in place, I'd rather not have contact with her anyways and it does work both ways. However, I am concerned that if she did do it and since she does not know my home address that it would be served to work and needless to say that would be embarrassing to say the least.

So my question is IF she did file a TPO do you have to have evidence prior to filing a TPO or can just anyone file a TPO against anyone without evidence?

Weigh A Pie...the last county before Canada

I have to ask - what were you thinking?

Yes, anyone can file for a TPO - the courts generally err on the side of caution, and would rather issue a TPO and give both sides a chance to explain at the subsequent hearing rather than not issue a TPO and have someone come to harm as a result.

You messed up here, big time, in all honesty. A teenage girl called you a nasty name (and what Dad was doing telling you about it in the first place is beyond me - that's lousy co-parenting, even if kiddo DID say the words) and you felt the need to confront Mom about it?

I realize this might sound harsh and is probably not what you want to hear, but if you're to be around Dad - and if he's divorcing, by extension, his child - at all in the future you need to know your place.