Thread: CVS Pharmacy Indiana

Default CVS Pharmacy Indiana - Answers please

My wife has had filled monthly prescription filled thier every month now for a few years. It has always been around $435. Last month they said it was only $100. We were amazed mostly because We do not have health insurace. We always pay cash up front. The first time the prescription was $100 we brought it to their attention. They said they ran it through 4 times and that the price was right, and that they could not come back and ask for more money. So the second time same thing. I paid and have the reciept correct amount of pills and the right description. Today, three days after filling they called. They were not polite at all actually quite the opposite. They said they wanted the $300 plus difference or the medicine back. They why the are handleing it I would rather pay a lawyer than them. Do I legally have to pay them? I have new talked to the district manager who would not even talk to me and told me to email him.

Advise please
    Last edited by emersone; 06-21-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Advise please

Default Honest mistake.

You knew the price before you went there. You kept asking about the price. Since you knew the charge was wrong, you should have set the money aside. Electronic machines make mistakes occasionally. The people that called you are scared about losing their jobs.

Now that you have a great opening, you can ask the pharmacy to help you find a drug coverage that you can afford. Work with them, and they will work with you.

Default Reply

Money has been tight, my wife lost her job, but the medicine is a requirement. Since I double check with them I was very excited. We did not spend all the money. However we did spend $150 in the same store to buy some much needed groceries for the house. I would be happy to pay the at cost price or the remainder of the balance. They were just the most unpleasant people. Rude I tried to talk to them about payments but they would not have it. when I called thier boss he did not want to talk either. He told he to email him the situation. I am not trying to be a complete ***. I will do what I can without dipping into 401k or a credit card. Do you think that is reasonable?
    Last edited by emersone; 06-21-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Lightbulb David vs. Goliath

I am not trying to be a complete ***. I will do what I can without dipping into 401k or a credit card. Do you think that is reasonable?
    No, but it sounds like they are...
    I think you’re being more than reasonable.
    And someone SHOULD be concerned about keeping their job
    if for no other reason than the lack of professionalism displayed.

They made the mistake and you ( I assume ) have the receipts to prove it.
    In my opinion, if push came to shove I think you’d come out on top.

If they’re unwilling to work with you might want to consider getting the media involved.
    Many local tv stations feature stories about consumers having to deal with situations such as yours.
    Start keeping a log of who and when you talk to someone.

As mentioned, it was an honest mistake and you are willing to do whats right. However, CVS Pharmacies may need to be reminded what customer service is all about.
    And being featured on the 10 pm news just might do it.
    Good luck and let us know how it works out

..___________________________
    ~ Those who cannot hear an angry shout,
    may strain to hear a whisper

I am going to disagree with GotSmart. I see this as any other retail transaction. If the front end at CVS sold you an item at the wrong price, they would not call you and insist you pay the difference. It would be written off due to incorrect pricing.

I would take this further up the line of command and get a District or Regional Manager involved. Maybe start at their website and leave a comment asking for a call.

If that doesn't work then I agree with drruthless and you should try the media.

Of course, given the adversarial relationship now I hope there is another pharmacy nearby for you to use. Sometimes Target or Walgreens will give you a gift card when you transfer a perscription.

Quote Originally Posted by HRinMA View Post
    I am going to disagree with GotSmart. I see this as any other retail transaction. If the front end at CVS sold you an item at the wrong price, they would not call you and insist you pay the difference. It would be written off due to incorrect pricing.
    Good point. The difference is $330. That is a weeks wages, and the company people are trying to CYA.

I would take this further up the line of command and get a District or Regional Manager involved. Maybe start at their website and leave a comment asking for a call.
    Again good point. I would agree that this is a good tactic to take, as he did insist on asking about the price difference.

If that doesn't work then I agree with drruthless and you should try the media.
    I would threaten that first, because it could have a mixed response.

Of course, given the adversarial relationship now I hope there is another pharmacy nearby for you to use. Sometimes Target or Walgreens will give you a gift card when you transfer a perscription.
    There are plenty of big box stores that are trying to build up their drug clientele.

emersone, Have you looked into different drug plans? There are a lot out there, and since you once worked with some big organizations, you should have some contacts that can pass on information.

I sold insurance at one time, and we had a plan that for $20 a month, it would cut your drug cost in half. That was years ago, and I am not producing insurance any more.

Good luck.

This is a consumer rights issue. They should be going after whoever entered the data wrong into the computer, if anything. To pull a bait and switch after the fact is simply not legal. If it had been me, I would have just assumed that they switched to a cheaper generic or something.

I'd send a letter about this to the CEO, and explain that with this harrassment, you will be taking your business elsewhere.

BTW, have they threatened to do anything if you don't pay up? As for asking for the meds back, I don't know why, they can't legally sell it now that it's been out of their hands.

I agree with others - transfer your Rx to Walmart, Target, K-Mart, whoever, some do give you a store card just for transfering.
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

With those receipts on hand, you are in total control. CVS also has video surveillance which I am sure can prove that you spent a little extra time at the desk inquiring about the situation. You win man, just make sure to lawyer up if you are affected by the pressure..

Super Moderator

Please check the dates before you post. This happened several months ago; I'm sure the situation has been resolved by now.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.