Thread: Disputed 2 judgments to Experian, unsatisfactory results, Pennsylvania

Exclamation Disputed 2 judgments to Experian, unsatisfactory results, Pennsylvania

I am in the market to secure a home sometime in the near future so I decided to get all 3 of my credit scores.

TransUnion and Equifax yielded nothing unsatisfactory.

However Experian yielded 2 civil claim judgments against me. I am the "II" and i am only 22 years old. The total claim amount is roughly 23,000 dollars. This is obviously not me, but my father.

We all live in the same house and I have before, about 2 years ago, had my bank account frozen by Discover BANK for $7,145...which after 3 hours on the phone they unfroze it because they were wrong.

I would like to know what I can do legally to get this stuff off my report ASAP, since it is negative and does not accurately reflect me or my credit.

Thanks for your time!

I live in altoona, pa as well.

Super Moderator

Did you notify Experian that they had the wrong person?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

yes I notified them via their website...theres a option for that when you view your report.

Should I look for a lawyer around where I live...or do you think it be credible enough to
    contact experian again...and try again?

Super Moderator

How long ago was it that you contacted them? They do need some time to verify
    their information & correct any that is incorrect.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

i reviewed my experian report last month, when i disputed both judgments they said it would take 30-45 days to investigate and get back to me via mail.

i received the letter today saying the two judgments 'remain'.

So nothing was solved this way.

Super Moderator

You can try contacting them again. If you can't get judgments removed/corrected,
    you can contact your state's Attorney General's Office or a lawyer for help.

Super Moderator
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Super Moderator

The problem here is the OP disputed the info with the reporting agcy. but they
    are not removing it. OP will need to take further action by furnishing them with
    additional info or going elsewhere for help. (AG office or lawyer per my ref. or
    FTC per link above)
    Last edited by Betty3; 06-01-2011 at 10:37 PM.