Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: I m new to this place and i have a Question that i need help with please. Michigan

  1. #1

    Question I m new to this place and i have a Question that i need help with please. Michigan

    I had a child 6 yrs ago and the man that signed the birth certificate is not the father. Well last year we decided to do a DNA test because we started to believe that she was not his , and we was right it read 0.00% not his. I then called the person that is the father and told him and he said to take it to court and have them get a hold of him if i want him to take a test. So i got leaga help and they sent him a letter asking for him to do the dna test and that i was going to pay for it. This guy never replyed to the letter he was sent and now i don't know hwat to do because i don't have the money to pay for a motion i could do it myself but i don't know where to get the right form can you help me. I live in Michigan.

    Let me add i never thought that i never thought my ex was the father cause we had only been together after we parted.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Weigh A Pie...the last county before Canada
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetness_2683 View Post
    I had a child 6 yrs ago and the man that signed the birth certificate is not the father. Well last year we decided to do a DNA test because we started to believe that she was not his , and we was right it read 0.00% not his. I then called the person that is the father and told him and he said to take it to court and have them get a hold of him if i want him to take a test. So i got leaga help and they sent him a letter asking for him to do the dna test and that i was going to pay for it. This guy never replyed to the letter he was sent and now i don't know hwat to do because i don't have the money to pay for a motion i could do it myself but i don't know where to get the right form can you help me. I live in Michigan.

    Let me add i never thought that i never thought my ex was the father cause we had only been together after we parted.

    It may actually be too late for you to challenge paternity in court - the only person with standing might be the biological father and if HE decides not to, you may be stuck with your ex as the child's father.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    239

    Default

    What suddenly made you realize/believe that the girl was not his?

  4. #4

    Default

    Well the old she gets the more she looks like my Ex and his other child .
    Last edited by sweetness_2683; 05-27-2011 at 04:41 AM.

  5. #5

    Default

    This is a little more complicated then i would like to say but if i need to i can.
    Last edited by sweetness_2683; 05-27-2011 at 05:25 AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Weigh A Pie...the last county before Canada
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetness_2683 View Post
    This is a little more complicated then i would like to say but if i need to i can.


    Really, unless you give us details we can't help you.

  7. #7

    Default

    ok here it is i guess. just didnt want to put it all out there


    When i was with the Ex i am talking about here we did our thing then i went back to my house . the door was not locked i passed out because i had been drinking that night . then i was woke up by my other Ex (the dad to my other 2 kids ) and let me add i didnt cheat on anyone . Well anyways when he woke me up he said who have you been sleeping with and i told him it was not for him to know. and he had siad im not that big. so i never new if he had done something to me when i was passed out. well when i found out i was going to have a baby i called the ex i believe is the father and he was a jerk. Then with all the stress of not know what happened the night i got preg. and him being mean i had to go to the hospitail and thats when i found out that i was going to have twins but i lost one . so after that to save my daughter i told him to get bent and that he was off the hook and i had lost the baby and never told him that there was another . so moved away and never seen him again and i guess i wanted her to have the same dad as my other kids. and the man how is named as her father was never lied to . When she was born i really thought she was his untill she started to get older and she looks nothing like him so we did a test to make sure and this is when we found out for sure she was not . now im stuck it looks like .

  8. #8

    Question New info

    So I have talked to attorney about this since my last post. The 1st said to send the guy a letter to see what would happen in that letter he put that we would like him to do a dna test and that I was going to pay for in full. Then it was put that he could call the dna place and give them his info and I wouldn't get it. He also asked that he made contact with him (attorney) but he never did and we know he got it cause he had to sign for it himself.

    What can I do on my own to make this happen cause from what I am told he will not do anything about it because his wife will not let him? She has told him that if he does try she will leave him and take thier daughter from him. I don't want that to happen I just want my daughter took know her dad.

    CanYou help me on this and tell me what I can do without an attorney what motion would I need to file.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Weigh A Pie...the last county before Canada
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetness_2683 View Post
    So I have talked to attorney about this since my last post. The 1st said to send the guy a letter to see what would happen in that letter he put that we would like him to do a dna test and that I was going to pay for in full. Then it was put that he could call the dna place and give them his info and I wouldn't get it. He also asked that he made contact with him (attorney) but he never did and we know he got it cause he had to sign for it himself.

    This tells me that the attorney is basically confirming what I said earlier; it's late for you to ask the court to order a DNA paternity test.

    (Otherwise the attorney would have simply gone ahead and filed the motion).

    What can I do on my own to make this happen cause from what I am told he will not do anything about it because his wife will not let him? She has told him that if he does try she will leave him and take thier daughter from him. I don't want that to happen I just want my daughter took know her dad.

    CanYou help me on this and tell me what I can do without an attorney what motion would I need to file.

    Honestly Mom - I truly believe you're too late.

    As I said earlier, the only person with standing to challenge paternity at this point is the biological father; you and legal dad cannot do so.

    The courts are not going to force the issue.

Similar Threads

  1. Rock & a Hard Place in Michigan
    By sr1355 in forum Labor Laws
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 04:55 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 09:48 PM
  3. unsafe work place Michigan
    By prettycash in forum Labor Laws
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 06:51 AM
  4. Uniforms in the work place Michigan
    By Nightwisp in forum Labor Laws
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 09:08 AM
  5. This seems like a good place to start - newbie question
    By sorted in forum Marital Immigration Laws
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2003, 01:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •