Thread: Held Back Check?

Default Held Back Check?

When I was hire as a salary employee back in 1999, my first check was held back however ,my employer is stating that the check I received on the day I resign which was on Friday Payday is my last check? There is no way I can prove that unless they supply me with the records of my hire day and first check date. Any Suggestions?
    Need help!
    Last edited by koby1234; 04-29-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Super Moderator

If you feel that you can prove to a judge that the employer failed to pay due wages, file a wage claim with state DOL or a small claim court action.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Default Filed Claim

Quote Originally Posted by DAW View Post
    If you feel that you can prove to a judge that the employer failed to pay due wages, file a wage claim with state DOL or a small claim court action.
    I did file a wage claim with the labor board however the employer stated the same info and showed only this years payroll ledger as his proof?
    Help!

And the labor board closed your complaint? That wouldn't surprise me. If you never got paid for the first month of work, the state wage payment violation would have occurred in 1999 and, as such, the SOL has long since run.

Let me ask you this. On your last full paycheck, what was the check date and what was the pay period for that check?
    Last edited by Pattymd; 04-29-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Default Last Check

Quote Originally Posted by Pattymd View Post
    And the labor board closed your complaint? That wouldn't surprise me. If you never got paid for the first month of work, the state wage payment violation would have occurred in 1999 and, as such, the SOL has long since run.

Let me ask you this. On your last full paycheck, what was the check date and what was the pay period for that check?
    Response:
    Possibly I did not clarfy my situation. I just left my employment of 11/Yrs on 4/08/11 I started in 1999.
    My check date was 4/8/11 and the pay period states 4/8/11 so it seem that I am screwed?
    Never Know?

Pay period ending 4/8/11? So you were paid, what we call in payroll, current.

Here's your problem with a law suit. The employer is not required to keep payroll records nearly that long. If you don't have pay stubs from the entirety of your employment, you probably are SOL. And even if you do, you face an uphill battle.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

OK, The previous stub. Pay dates and date received?