Thread: Unemployment fraud in Florida Florida

Default Unemployment fraud in Florida Florida

My sister owns her own business, and has been collecting unemployment as an "employee" and did not divulge that she in fact owns the business she claims to be unemployed from. I know this isn't right, and I know the longer she does it, the more trouble she will be in. I have tried to report her using the tip line, and website to no avail. I even tried to see the State Attorney and see if they would do something, and they refused. I want her to get "caught" and learn her lesson before the amount she has to repay is insurmountable. Are there any other agencies I can try or contact to see if someone will look into this?
    I don't want her to end up in jail because she can't repay a huge amount of money.
    What do you think?

DrMike,

At the risk of sounding rude, have you tried talking to your sister? Sometimes talking with family can be tricky because of whatever other upsets one person may have with another, but it seems like from your post that you've not done this. Kind words and a willingness to listen can go a long way toward getting the result you're after.

Default UE Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by lolcat View Post
    DrMike,

At the risk of sounding rude, have you tried talking to your sister? Sometimes talking with family can be tricky because of whatever other upsets one person may have with another, but it seems like from your post that you've not done this. Kind words and a willingness to listen can go a long way toward getting the result you're after.
    Yes, I have tried to talk to her, but she seems to justify everything in her mind... It looks like enough time has gone by that this is a non-issue anyway. Thanks for your reply. I guess there are deeper issues that I can't get her to face...