Thread: Need help

Thumbs down Need help

Don't know what to do anymore, about given up. My ex husband has made me look like a psycho at court and he had the kids now for 4 years. He has told them things that now they don't want to speak to me. This is major emotional distress for me and they want me to take a phych evaluation because I have depression which a lot of it was brought on by the marriage. The judge never wants to hear what I have to say. I want to sue him and my ex and don't know what to do

Super Moderator

Debbie32911, please do not post to old threads - this thread is from 2006. If
    you have a question, please start your own new thread & ask a specific question.
    I didn't really see a specific question in your thread. Thanks.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

If you want to see your children, you have to do what the judge is asking.

Once you have a clean bill of psychiatric health in hand, you can go to a lawyer and start the process.

Why did you wait for four years?

I haven't waited for 4 years, I have been doing nothing but trying. I can't do the evaluation that is going to cost thousands of dollars when I can't afford that

Find a way. I was accused, and jumped through the hoops to prove that I was the better parent.

How can you support the children if you are not able to get a doctors release?

My ex was able to get free help from the state to get herself back where she could deal with reality.

Try Social Services.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSmart View Post
    Find a way. I was accused, and jumped through the hoops to prove that I was the better parent.

How can you support the children if you are not able to get a doctors release?

My ex was able to get free help from the state to get herself back where she could deal with reality.

Try Social Services.
    Thank you for your advice GotSmart. I had a doctor and therapist write that I was doing everything I was supposed to be and it still wasn't good enough for the judge, I have been doing nothing but jumping through the hoops. I started with supervised visitations but the ex made excused every week and is getting away. I just don't have the money to fight this anymore and spent $30,000 on it already! I am going to try social services even though I hae tried them before and they said they couldn't do anything.

Paperwork. Set up a paper trail that PROVES that you are a fit parent.