Thread: Paycheck Laws - Ohio

Exclamation Paycheck Laws - Ohio

Hey I'm new here. I have had a problem with my job ever since I started, but now since I don't have that job I ran into a bigger problem: I haven't picked up my final paycheck, and I haven't cashed the last one I got in yet.

Okay so I will start with my Old paycheck. I got this like 2 months ago. I went to go cash it in about 4 days ago, and I lost it. What do I have to do exactly to get a new one, if possible?

Now my new paycheck. I was supposed to pick it up over 2 weeks ago. Maybe 3 and a half, IDK. its old. hah. My problem is how long will my former job hold my paycheck? Do they have to mail it to me after a certain time.

I'd rather not go back there, I am 17 and was working over 8 hours a day, and if I attempted to sit down about 5 hours in my job they would run out there and yell at me, yet they could sit in the back and text, order food, have friends back in the back and eat it in the back. I try to just take a seat FOR JUST MAYBE 5 MINUTES and they say, "Oh you ran out of things to do, huh?" I say no I'm talking a break, I've been working this whole time." and then they will give me something to do. It's horrible. NOT EVEN A LUNCH BREAK. I worked from 11-7, so I guess dinner break?

Help on the paychecks would be nice though.

Summarize:
    • How to replace a check.
    • How long can work hold a check for?
    • Do they have to mail it?
    • What if they won't give me a new check for the missing one?
    • What if I go in to get my new(ish) check I never picked up and they say that they don't have it for me to take, what do I do?
    Last edited by Punkgi; 07-13-2010 at 09:06 AM.

Super Moderator

Duplicate post
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Sorry for the Dup.
    Last edited by Punkgi; 07-13-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Super Moderator

You posted the same question twice, true? Then it's a duplicate.

We're not that fussy about "which one it goes in" unless you post it somewhere completely unrelated. All the responders read all the applicable forums so there's no need to post multiple times. It only confuses the responders and splits the information so that you don't necessarily get the best responses. Besides, a statement that a post is a duplicate is not a scold - it's a notice to responders that there is already an ongoing thread.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.