Thread: please..my parents need help! New York

Default please..my parents need help! New York

my younger sister is 19 years old and has 2 children and lives with my parents and is totally out of control. she doesnt lift a finger for her children having my parents take care of them for her. my dad has cancer and my mom looks very frail from all the stress. my sister recently had my dad arrested for smacking her in the face because she wanted people in the house at all hours of the night. she comes home drunk and high at all hours of the day and night. my parents need her evicted from the house for there health a.s.a.p
    my sister does not believe that she can be removed legally and laughs about this basically in my parents face.
    my question is what is the process to have her removed legally, and how fast can this be done. i really belive that this is a life or death situation for my parents. i dont think they can even hang on for 6 months more. is there a way to legally have her removed within a month or 2?
    any help you can provide will be so greatly appreciated. thank you a million times in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymike21 View Post
    my younger sister is 19 years old and has 2 children and lives with my parents and is totally out of control. she doesnt lift a finger for her children having my parents take care of them for her. my dad has cancer and my mom looks very frail from all the stress. my sister recently had my dad arrested for smacking her in the face because she wanted people in the house at all hours of the night. she comes home drunk and high at all hours of the day and night. my parents need her evicted from the house for there health a.s.a.p
    my sister does not believe that she can be removed legally and laughs about this basically in my parents face.
    my question is what is the process to have her removed legally, and how fast can this be done. i really belive that this is a life or death situation for my parents. i dont think they can even hang on for 6 months more. is there a way to legally have her removed within a month or 2?
    any help you can provide will be so greatly appreciated. thank you a million times in advance.
    If she comers in high and mouths off, have them call the cops. Then he can talk to the PA on how to keep her out of the house. A restraining order comes to mind, as does calling cps for her children.

Not to mention reporting it as elder abuse, if your parents are seniors.
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.