Thread: Older man, younger woman Michigan

Default Older man, younger woman Michigan

I'm a 39 year old man who is having a relationship with a 17 year old. She'll graduate Friday, so I'm not worried about any of the sexual conduct laws. That variable goes away shortly. I'm not worried about age of consent law either. We have both done extensive research on this and we are confident in our understanding that age of consent begins at 16. I just recently found out that state laws on age requirement and sex are NA in Michigan. So here's my question....I have a child with my ex-wife. Can she legally keep me from having my girlfriend with my child? My girlfriend is going to be moving in soon, though we are not calling it that right now. I'm thinking about my job here. People may think it's weird, but we are very much in love and we have a very responsible relationship. This is not about lust and passion, it's about a whole lot more.

Super Moderator

It's not just weird, it's sick.

You, my friend, need more help than a message board can give you. All I can suggest to you is, see an attorney. You're going to need one.

BTW, whatever the age of consent may be, the age of majority is 18, not the day she graduates from high school. So until she reaches 18, I do hope that her parents have the good sense to file a restraining order to keep you the hell away from their daughter. The age of consent does NOT mean that the parents' right to protect their daughter from pedophiles goes away.

Default Thanks a lot

My Dear CBG: Thanks for your bountiful insight. I do hope that you approach each post with such an unbiased and non-judgmental demeanor. There are, of course, a number of things you don't understand about this issue. I guess I misunderstood what the purpose of this site was. I thought it was a place to ask difficult questions without ridicule. But clearly...I am mistaken. Goodbye.

People may think it's weird, but we are very much in love and we have a very responsible relationship. This is not about lust and passion, it's about a whole lot more.
    What, do they print this in the Pedophile handbook or something? We've heard these same things from too many people.

Get help soon
    "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'' - Sir William of Ockham, a.k.a. Ockham's Razor

Super Moderator

You are mistaken about a great many things, my friend, including whether it can ever be appropriate for a 39 year old man to be "in love" with a 17 year old child. I don't expect you to realize how sick such a relationship is; if you were capable of that kind of understanding, you wouldn't be making it publically known that you were that kind of man.

As I said, get an attorney. They don't like child molesters in jail.

Older man, younger woman Michigan
    She is not a "younger woman". In the eyes of the law, she is a child, and you are a child molester. I hope someone turns you in and you end up in jail. They just LOVE child molesters in jail.
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.