Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Tax Fraud? South Carolina

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Tax Fraud? South Carolina

    My husband worked for a small company starting in 2006 and ending in October of 2008. They took out taxes in 2006 and 2007. He never recieved a W-2 for 2008 so he called his prior employer. His employer informed him he would not be receiving one for 2008, that they had not been taking out taxes and were being paid directly from his bosses check. My husband was never informed of this and never signed anything stating that his status has changed tax wise. Since the company was small they recieved personal checks and never had been given pay stubs. I am wondering what steps to take, if any.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Springfield, VA


    If the employer failed to deduct the appropriate taxes and remit them, your recourse is to report the employer to the IRS and your state tax agency.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Read it JERK - if you can!
    By AK in forum Federal and State Tax Law
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 01:52 PM
  2. 861 Loser - The Dashiells
    By Richard Macdonald in forum Federal and State Tax Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 05:55 AM
  3. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:07 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 08:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts