Thread: Georgia minimum hours for full-time employee

Default sweet

got laid off in the end. sigh
    Last edited by 2kredz3; 06-24-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Super Moderator

There is no law in any state that requires an employer to provide either full time or part time employees with 32 hours a week, or 20 hours or 12 hours or 4 hours or any hours.

An employer may schedule any employee, regardless of status, for as many or as few hours as he has work for them. He is not required to pay an employee for 32 hours of work if he only has 19 hours of work available'

Whoever you were talking to, is wrong.

sigh, stil un-employed 4 months later
    Last edited by 2kredz3; 06-24-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Super Moderator

I understand, believe me. Sorry I can't give you the answer you want.

its cool, with the economy the way it is i imagine that there is a lot of people in my shoes.

Super Moderator

If you were working 40 hr. weeks before you got a reduction in hrs. down to as low as 19 hrs. in the past few weeks, you might qualify for partial unemployment ins. benefits. Some states will pay partial benefits for a significant reduction in hrs. You might check it out.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty3 View Post
    If you were working 40 hr. weeks before you got a reduction in hrs. down to as low as 19 hrs. in the past few weeks, you might qualify for partial unemployment ins. benefits. Some states will pay partial benefits for a significant reduction in hrs. You might check it out.
    i was working 45-55hrs a week prior to the reduction/

Super Moderator

Can't hurt to apply. The worst they can say is no, in which case you're no worse off than if you didn't apply in the first place.

that brings me to another question tho, they will contact my employer and he will have to verify that he has only been working me 20ish hours a week. . . it is a small family owned company and the last guy that got fired (i took his place) applied for unemployment and the owner blocked it somehow.

sooo, i kind of feel like i might get turned down and somehow loose my 20 hours that i get to work. . .sigh, rock and a hard place.

Super Moderator

If the other employee got fired, the reason he got fired could have been the reason he didn't get unemployment ins. benefits.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.