Thread: step child adoption in NC North Carolina

Default step child adoption in NC North Carolina

What would be the process for my husband to adopt my daughter? Her biological father has never paid support and has not had contact with her since she was 10 months old (now almost 8 years). Is this a process we can handle on our own or does it require a lawyer?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hfutrell2008 View Post
    What would be the process for my husband to adopt my daughter? Her biological father has never paid support and has not had contact with her since she was 10 months old (now almost 8 years). Is this a process we can handle on our own or does it require a lawyer?
    Thanks!
    Because the laws regarding a step parent adoption are so complex, it's best to hire an attorney. There are so many things that can cause problems later that hiring an attorney is the safest way to go.

Default step child adoption in NC North Carolina

Hi everyone. Am new to this so here goes Have a DD from previous relationship. Her bio father is not involved and I have been with my hubby we married in May since she was 4mths old she is 7 now.
    My hubby would like to adopt her, and I have filled out the forms to send to the Irish Adoption Agency. Has anyone gone through this process and can you tell me any info on the interviews they do, or what else we need to go through.

Thanks

@jamarlit....you really need to start your own new post thread rather than tack onto one from 2008.....

and if you are from Ireland, I don't know of anyone here that can help you since this is a board based in US law.