Thread: arizona parking lot accident Arizona

Default arizona parking lot accident Arizona

I was just in an accident that occured in the parking lot of an apartment complex. I was backing out of my parking spot when I was hit on the side of my vehicle. There is damage from the end of the drivers side door continuing through the passengers door and to the rear bumper. Who would be considered at fault for the accident? Neither of us claimed responsibility and insurance companies were not notified, deciding that we would work it out ourselves. But now I am nervous that I am not as responsible as I thought at the time of the accident. I have always been under the impression that the person backing up was responsible, but a friend has pointed out that I might not be because of the positioning of the cars. Does anyone have any imput as to who is at fault in this parking lot accident??

Quote Originally Posted by curetondm View Post
    I was just in an accident that occured in the parking lot of an apartment complex. I was backing out of my parking spot when I was hit on the side of my vehicle. There is damage from the end of the drivers side door continuing through the passengers door and to the rear bumper. Who would be considered at fault for the accident? Neither of us claimed responsibility and insurance companies were not notified, deciding that we would work it out ourselves. But now I am nervous that I am not as responsible as I thought at the time of the accident. I have always been under the impression that the person backing up was responsible, but a friend has pointed out that I might not be because of the positioning of the cars. Does anyone have any imput as to who is at fault in this parking lot accident??
    You didn't state what the other driver was doing at the time of the accident. You are at least 50% at fault since you were backing out.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

The other driver was leaving his apartment driving through the parking lot to exit the community. I am not aware if he was on a cell phone or distracted by anything else at the time of the accident.

Based on your description, the other driver had the right-of-way and you were at fault.
    Please no private messages about your situation.