Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Need advice on Stop Payment Check on services rendered! Wisconsin

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Need advice on Stop Payment Check on services rendered! Wisconsin

    I need advice: We are a small truck repair shop, we fixed a guys vehicle and he paid us with a check for $1000 with no complaints. After cashing the check it came back as a stop payment. What can/should I do? What are the Wisconsin Laws on this. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    SE Michigan


    Was he dissatisfied with the repairs, did he indicate any problems with your services?

    Not advice but this is what I would do/have done:

    Send him a demand letter (certified/return receipt) indicating that he has 30 days to pay in full or to contact you and make payment arrangements. If he choses not to, he leaves you with no other choice except to file suit.

    If he fails to comply, file suit in small claims court.
    My opinions are just that and are not to be taken as legal advice.

    Responses are based on life experience, personal research, and/or knowledge gained from the experts here.

Similar Threads

  1. Client put stop payment on a check for work already completed Florida
    By ContractorJaxFL in forum Construction & Remodeling
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 04:59 PM
  2. Stop payment on Cashiers Check Michigan
    By goldensfurever in forum Consumer Law and Fraud
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 08:32 PM
  3. fees going up at the end of April for uscis
    By deanne in forum Marital Immigration Laws
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 06:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts