Thread: need info Florida

Default need info Florida

my 17 year old has a son with a his 15 year old girlfriend,they have lived with her mother about 2 years. her mother just passed away who had full custody of her.now the father is stepping in and wanting to take her and the baby out of state,can i do anything what rights do we have

Quote Originally Posted by grandmom2008 View Post
    my 17 year old son has a son with a his 15 year old girlfriend,they have lived with her mother about 2 years. her mother just passed away who had full custody of her.now the father is stepping in and wanting to take her and the baby out of state,can i do anything what rights do we have
    You do not have any legal standing in this. However, because he is a father, your son does. If he hasn't done so already, he NEEDS to file a petition to establish paternity, custody, visitation and CS ASAP. In the petition he can request that the court order the mother and child to not leave the jurisdiction until a final order is issued.

Under the circumstances that apparently you and the mother's parents are total idiots (only total idiots would allow a 15 year old boy and a 13 year old girl to live together) you really should take yourself and your son for a consult with an attorney ASAP. You can get a low cost consult by calling the FL Bar Lawyer Refferal Service at 1-800-342-8011.

Please explain to me how CPS stayed out of this?