Thread: Misdemeanor Warrant (23110(a) in CA, will they extradite me from AZ? Arizona

Default Misdemeanor Warrant (23110(a) in CA, will they extradite me from AZ? Arizona

Misdemeanor Warrant in CA, will they extradite me from AZ?
    I'm living in Texas right now, I received a notice from the Orange County DA saying a complaint was filed and I have to appear in court. I received the notice 3 weeks ago and my court date was on Monday (The notice took a month to get forwarded to TX... the offense occurred on MAY 2nd and I didn't hear anything about it until 3 weeks ago).

I don't/didn't have the means to get back to CA, so a warrant has been issued. I moved to Texas without knowing about this, my girl has family out here and the cost of living was very appealing.

Anyway, its my understanding that CA wont extradite me from Texas for a misdemeanor warrant for throwing an empty water bottle at a car. Fines should total about $500.

But I'm unsure about Arizona... if I'm living in AZ, will they take me back to CA for a VC-23110(a) warrant?

I want to eventually be closer to CA so I can fix this when I have the money.

Thanks for any help,
    -Sonic

PS... I do not have anything on my record whatsoever, besides this.
    Last edited by sonicassault; 09-12-2008 at 01:43 PM.

16 views and no insight?

Most of us have day jobs. We are all volunteers here. If you want someone to pay attention the moment you want attention paid, you should hire a lawyer.

Having said that, what is the EXACT charge you are facing?
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Quote Originally Posted by cyjeff View Post
    Most of us have day jobs. We are all volunteers here. If you want someone to pay attention the moment you want attention paid, you should hire a lawyer.

Having said that, what is the EXACT charge you are facing?
    I was just pointing out the lack of participation, I wasn't demeaning the site or its members in any way.

It's a VC 23110(a) as stated in my previous post.

No idea what that means.

Sonic, sometimes yes and sometimes no. I know of misdemeanors that have been extradited. It depends on if it's a gun crime, drug crime, crime of violence, domestic abuse, and then how bad they want you. My brother in law was extradited from New Hampshire to Colorado for Failure to Appear on a DUI charge. Really pissed off the prosecution when it turned out they had the wrong guy. And then NH was even more pissed.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

A felony is certainly possible for extradition...

23110. (a) Any person who throws any substance at a vehicle or any occupant thereof on a highway is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(b) Any person who with intent to do great bodily injury maliciously and wilfully throws or projects any rock, brick, bottle, metal or other missile, or projects any other substance capable of doing serious bodily harm at such vehicle or occupant thereof is guilty of a felony and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison.

Amended Ch. 1119, Stats. 1976. Effective January 1, 1977. Supersedes Ch. 1139.
    Add to that the failure to appear, and you have big problems.

You need an attorney yesterday.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

So much for the misdemeanor theory.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    Don't worry, be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus jack View Post
    So much for the misdemeanor theory.
    Actually, if he was charged under part (a) it is a misdemeanor... but his failure to appear may get that changed.

Yea its a misdemeanor, and I have proof I was living out of state before anything was started by the DA. Here are some details:

Case Status: Warrant
    Details...
    Case Stage: - Release Status: Fugitive DMV Hold: N
    Charging Document: Complaint Mandatory Appearance: Y Amendment#: 0

Quote Originally Posted by sonicassault View Post
    Yea its a misdemeanor, and I have proof I was living out of state before anything was started by the DA. Here are some details:

Case Status: Warrant
    Details...
    Case Stage: - Release Status: Fugitive DMV Hold: N
    Charging Document: Complaint Mandatory Appearance: Y Amendment#: 0
    Where you are living means nothing to the court.

They do not need to incur the expense of moving an entire trial just because you aren't there.

You need to get an attorney in CA and attend court. Judges don't laugh about failure to appears.

Default nope.. wont be extradicted

hell no you wont dude. I have liek 5 outstanding warrents in california including a felony warrent.. been arrested since in texas and california wont extradict.. they never do. too full. dont even sweat it brah

Thumbs up

The thread age is just shy of a year since the last post.
    But I do thank you for the insight!
    Don't worry, be happy.