Thread: Unemployment benefit ? in KY Kentucky

Unhappy Unemployment benefit ? in KY Kentucky

I was terminated from my job without any reason given. I asked but was given no reason. Never have had any reprimand or write up in 2 1/2 yrs. The entire time I was employed there. Anyway.....I applied for unemployment to hold me over until I find a new job. The protest period ended in 9-3-08 and I applied for the first check. When I called to check the status of the check the recording says I had been given credit for the weeks however no check has been issued. What does that mean? Did my former employer protest at the last minute? I haven't recieved anything in the mail saying that they did. Any insight would be appreciated. This is the first time I've ever had unemployment.

All you can do is ask. Even a clean claim these days can take 3-4 weeks from the initial filing before you receive your first check.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Default Ok I'm back

I recieved my first check (thank goodness)* also in the mailbox was a letter stating that my former employer protested my claim however i was aproved for benefits because my termination was not my fault and they didn't protest in the alotted time.* It also says that they can appeal the decision.* So here's my question..... if they do appeal what all does that entail?* And what are the chances if I was found to be in the right that a referee will reverse the decision?* Thanks in advance for any input.

That's standard verbiage. IF they appeal, there can be a decision made without a hearing, the decision can be reversed without a hearing, or there can be a hearing. In any case, you will be notified with plenty of time to prepare. I wouldn't borrow trouble at this point.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.