Thread: Fees to have papers served to party? Minnesota

Exclamation Fees to have papers served to party? Minnesota

If papers are being served to you, are there fees involved to the person that is being taken to court? Also, if the officer attempts to deliver them more than once, do the fees increase? My ex-husband is e-mailing me that he's going to take me back to court and where I would like them to serve me to save me fees? I am really NOT wanting to reply to his e-mail! And if I decide to reply to his e-mail I would like to be a little educated. I am a litte intimidated by him at this point. The word "court" just gives me anxiety. Any responses are tremendously helpful!!
    Last edited by catil; 07-08-2008 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catil View Post
    If papers are being served to you, are there fees involved to the person that is being taken to court? Also, if the officer attempts to deliver them more than once, do the fees increase? My ex-husband is e-mailing me that he's going to take me back to court and where I would like them to serve me to save me fees? I am really NOT wanting to reply to his e-mail! And if I decide to reply to his e-mail I would like to be a little educated. I am a litte intimidated by him at this point. The word "court" just gives me anxiety. Any responses are tremendously helpful!!
    One of your previous posts stated that you were paying child support for two children. The COURT and/or agency that collect this support should have a current address for you already on file. Yes, there are fees that someone has to pay for a document to be served. If you live in Illinois and your ex lives in Minnesota, the COURT might serve the document by registered mail. I read that you have an associate degree; you should try to learn how to goggle and conduct research on the INTERNET to answer some of your personal questions. Reading all your previous posts do not give one a very good impression. Hopefully, you and your ex will work together for the overall benefit of your children.

Have you read The Serenity Prayer before? Give it a try and you may not have so much anxiety.

http://www.cptryon.org/prayer/special/serenity.html

My opinion is not legal advice and should be considered for educational purposes only.