Thread: Withdrawing PFA in Pennsylvania?

Default Withdrawing PFA in Pennsylvania?

I had filed a PFA for the wrong reasons, and the temporary PFA has become permanent, how do I go about getting the PFA dropped in PA, i was going to call a lawyer for advice but figured you guys and gals could help. Im not going to go into the whole story cause i really don't want a bunch of lectures, just some legal advice, thanks in advance to anyone who can help, btw, i reside in the Lehigh Valley if that help at all.

I, personally, will not help you in your quest to kill yourself. I will guess since you don't want to state WHY you want to drop the Protection Order, for "fear" of a lecture you know that your reasons are not legitimate. Go to an attorney and ask him for help.
    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

or, you could just give me legal advice, just cause some people get f'ed over doesn't mean we all do, i was never abused, and i filed it for the wrong reasons. I regret it now, and would like some straightforeward info on what the process to drop it is. As i said, i came here for legal info, not pity or to talk about my personal life.

thanks to anyone with any help btw.

Go. See. An. Attorney.
    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Bay

bay, please don't post in my thread unless you actually have something useful to add. can anyone with give me some advice besides just seeing an attorney, like what the process is?

Quote Originally Posted by xastroglyphx View Post
    bay, please don't post in my thread unless you actually have something useful to add. can anyone with give me some advice besides just seeing an attorney, like what the process is?
    Sorry Dear...If you want to control who responds to your question and HOW they respond you should Go. See. An. Attorney.

BTW; A LOT of attorneys won't help with a vacate either....They consider it along the lines of assisted suicide.

Excuses to vacate: " I thought he punched me...but I was mistaken. His fist ACCIDENTALLY connected with my face numerous times."

"I thought my life was in danger...but he assures me he will not REALLY kill me".

"I looooove him"

Bay

Default You got to be kidding me...

You want a group of volunteers to assist you but yet you won't give any specifics. Let me take a wild guess, he was flirting or he was being a big meany and you thought, "REVENGE!" You now want to be with him and regret your decision.

Oh and BTW, have you ever heard of filing a false report? Yep, tell Big Bertha you will gladly take the top bunk.

As you were told earlier, contact an attorney.
    Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic

This goes only one way or the other.

1. He really IS a danger to you, in which case the PFA is an appropriate order. Get thyself to counseling to figure out why you are willing to risk your safety and your life for someone who cares NOTHING for your safety and your life.
    2. You made up or enhanced your allegations to get the PFA against him because you were angry about something he had done. At no time were you ever in danger. In this scenario, the PFA (while it would be best if it were against you) ensures that he never has to come into contact with a person who cares nothing for HIS safety or HIS life. Get thyself to counseling to figure out why you think ruining someone's life is appropriate behavior.
    Anything else you want to know, contact an atty. Be prepared to be willing to burn any money you spend on that atty. Most won't help get a restraining order lifted. Too many women behave in the manner you do, no matter what scenario is accurate.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

And don't forget... you have to go in front of a judge and EXPLAIN why you want the order lifted.

"I'm not going to go into the whole story cause I really don't want a bunch of lectures" will not fly in court.

Quote Originally Posted by MomofBoys View Post
    And don't forget... you have to go in front of a judge and EXPLAIN why you want the order lifted.

"I'm not going to go into the whole story cause I really don't want a bunch of lectures" will not fly in court.
    Well, it will. It will fly in one ear of the judge and out the other. Then, words will 'fly' out of the judge's mouth that will, strangely and mysteriously, echo what she has read here.

That's a lot of flying.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Super Moderator

hellgun, please do not reply/post to old threads. Thanks.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Super Moderator

Ooo-kay now, based on the language in the post in question (addressed to a 2 year old thread) and the language in the PM sent to one of the responders in the original thread, hellgun will not be posting here any more. Nor will anyone else be posting in this thread, since it seems to be drawing adverse attention.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.