My son's father has been ordered to pay child support 10 years ago. He is currently behind. It's very possible that he wants to terminate his parental rights to get from under the child support. My husband of 9 years wants to adopt my child. Since we are all agree will we still have to go to court or will a signed notorized statment suffice? What would be the proceedure?