Thread: I sold my trailor and land at a Campground Indiana

Angry I sold my trailor and land at a Campground Indiana

I sold my lot with a trailor on it on 8/15/2000. I just recently found out when refinancing my home in Ohio that there are back taxes due on the personal (trailor) property. The new owner did not put it in her name until 10/28/02. Over two years????? So now the County is after me for the past due taxes and have a creditor on me and my credit report. I need to know when the new owner put the title in her name isn't the State responsible for collecting the back taxes at that point ? The back taxes are from 2001 payable in 2002. 1 1/2 years after I sold it. The taxes were caught up when I sold her the property. Please Help !!!

Quote Originally Posted by KAHNKNEE View Post
    I sold my lot with a trailor on it on 8/15/2000. I just recently found out when refinancing my home in Ohio that there are back taxes due on the personal (trailor) property. The new owner did not put it in her name until 10/28/02. Over two years????? So now the County is after me for the past due taxes and have a creditor on me and my credit report. I need to know when the new owner put the title in her name isn't the State responsible for collecting the back taxes at that point ? The back taxes are from 2001 payable in 2002. 1 1/2 years after I sold it. The taxes were caught up when I sold her the property. Please Help !!!
    Prove to the property tax division that you sold the property in August of 2000, and that should solve the problem.

I have, they said since it in collections it is out of their hands. The collector wants me to pay ( of course ) and me sue the new owner. That just dosn't seem right to me, when everyone knows it was her property ! Why should I have to go through the collections process ! The County failed to even send me a bill. Up until this year the taxes on the real (land) were in my name and going to her address. She put that in her name this year.. 7 years later ??? She is caught up on those. I have not checked last years yet, because they could come after me for those too. Also the lady that bought it is elderlly and retired, I probably would not get my money from her either. It is almost $ 1600.00. I dont have it to pay anyway.