I'm buying a home for my single adult son. I want us to own the home as tenants in common. However, as a doctor, I'm concerned that I might be sued for malpractice.

Will my son be able to claim this new house as his urban homestead despite only owning a 1/2 undivided interest?

If so, can any of my judgment creditors reach the house?