Thread: emancipation laws Wyoming

Default emancipation laws Wyoming

okay i am new at this so you all can't laugh....... i need some help on getting emancipated in wyoming. i will be 17 the 29th of march and i want to file a decree. but i don't know how to go about doing this. please help me and give me any information.
    thank you

www.bostoncoop.net/lcd/emancipation/wyoming.html

Are you already living completely seperate from your parents? Are you FULLY supporting yourself, with no assistance from anybody? Are you gainfully employed and have a financial plan to present to the court? Are you still in school and maintaining passing grades or have you graduated? If still in school, can you present your plan to remain in school while still holding down a full time job? Do you understand that this is not an easy thing to accomplish and the odds are that you will not be granted legal emancipation?
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Before you ask, no judge is going to emancipate you so that you can....

get away from strict parents
    move in with a boyfriend
    avoid moving when your parents move
    live the gay lifestyle you need to express.

What most kids don't realize is that you must prove you NEED to be emancipated.....not just WANT to be on your own.

Why do you NEED to be emancipated? Don't give me a BS answer about how mommy and daddy yell too much and/or don't give you cake for dessert... give me a reason why you need to be able to enter contracts and be able to assume your own assets and liabilities as a member of society.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

And, as usual, you crack me up...

"live the gay lifestyle you need to express"???

I guess the 15 year old asking about sexual orientation discrimination really got your knickers in a twist.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    (unique up on him)
    (same way)

I suppose he did...

It was just the arrogance... I am gay and my parents have to let me do what I want.

I should have tried that... well, not with the gay part... maybe I could have done it because I am freakishly tall or well groomed or something.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Default why emancipation is the answer

k well my family split up a long time ago. i didn't have a choice who to live with but the courts gave me to my dad. he was a truck driver and constantly had girls in the truck or at truck stops with us. i wasn't allowed to see my mom. but everytime a new chick would come along i had to call her mom or else my dad would hit me. then he got remarried when i was 6. she had to boys. one of the boys started touching me weird, i couldn't tell my dad because he was on the road. but when i would tell my step-mom she would ignore me and if i kept telling her i didn't like it she would yell at me and slap me across the face. i stopped complaining needless to say.but things started getting worse. my dad would come home and he would be angry at me about weird stuff, he would yell at me, sometimes he would put these headphones on for when you fly in a airplane(they wouldn't let sound in) and sit in a corner in my room in the dark. then we moved to wyoming from idaho. my dad got a new job. but he was still never home. my stepmom ripped an earing clean through my ear. broke my nose. and rubbed my face in pee one time when i had a bad nightmare while i was sick(this is when i was 9) my dad finally started cheating on her with my bestfriends mom. he then left my stepmom and then it was just me and him. i started working when i was 12. my dad was never home, and didn't give me any rules. but he started getting physically abusive. one day my friend was spending the night and we stayed out till midnight. i didn't have a curfew, but he woke us up and my friend went home....it was about 2 in the morning he just got home from work. then after my friend left he started kicking me while i was on the floor. he told me to get out of his house, now it is october and snowing, i am in shorts and a tank top(that's it) he started kicking me up the stairs across our linoleum kitchen floor, onto the living room carpet, then he picked me up by my hair and tank top and threw me out the door onto the porch. i just layed there while he went back inside. i heard him coming back so i hurried to get back up but i couldn't. he took some clothes and threw them off the deck into the snow. he then picked me up again and threw me off the porch, i hit one of those porch swings.
    okay well i got to get to school so i will write more later.

The only important question right now is where are you living and are you fully supporting yourself?
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    (unique up on him)
    (same way)

Default living

i am staying in a group home right now because i need a place to stay while there are charges being filed against my father for neglect and physical abuse. but i am not here because i am in trouble i am here because of my dad. i have court today about the situation of my dad's charges. so therefore no i am not supporting myself, the group home is. but i got a friend that has an apartment, she wants a roomate and i have a friend that is holding a job offer for me. so when i do get all this figured out and the judge does decide to let me live on my own i will be ready. i have taken a whole bunch of independent classes and have pretty much raised myself for qiute awhile now. so i think i am fully capable.
    but i have to go again the bell just rang for my next class.

But you are not in a postition to financially support yourself. I'm sorry, but you must be able to do that before they will let you become emancipated
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    (unique up on him)
    (same way)

Default problem

i cannot support myself in a group home

That's the point. You cannot support yourself where you are. You are not EXPECTED to support yourself where you are. You are in a controlled, relatively safe environment. You have no reason to present to the court that you should be emancipated. Emancipation is for minors that are ALREADY supporting themselves.

Emancipation is not an option.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    (unique up on him)
    (same way)