View Poll Results: can this or anything else be done?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes email if so!

0 0%
  • no

0 0%

Thread: mentally unstable parents!!! Missouri

Default mentally unstable parents!!! Missouri

hi, me and my girlfriend have been dating a year and a half now, and her parents have begun to not like how serious our relationship has gotten. and as of now they have forbid her to see me or even talk to me on the phone and they took away her cell phone. she then went and purchased another one on her own which was confiscated tonight. they have also forbid her to return to her hometown even for a visit in fear she might see me, therefore unable to see any of her old friends. she was forced to move to kansas from tennessee in her junior year of highschool and has consistently failed at making any friends. she doesnt necessarily have bad living situation, but is ignored and only receives negative attention from her parents. she is very miserable and cries herself to sleep every night and has even attempted to cut herself once which i immediately put a stop to. she is now sick with constant headaches and sleeps 12 to 13 hours a day, and doctors say it caused by either depression or stress. she is a staright A student and greatly excells at her job and makes more money than i do and i work full time and own my own house and truck. her parents will not allow her to see me knowing that in a year we will be at college together. i have even tried ending our relationship just for own well being, but she wont allow it and says i am the only one there for her. anyways to the point of my question, she lived in kansas about 30 minutes outside of missouri and i live in tennessee. i have read up on all the loop holes in the runaway law in missouri, she by the way just turned 17 and i have just turned 19. if i were to establish a residence in missouri would it be legal for her to leave home and come live with me in missouri? seeing i believe it is illegal to runaway at 17 in kansas, but not in missouri. if this cannot be done any other suggestions? please help!

Super Moderator

She's attempted self-mutilation and you claim her PARENTS are mentally unstable?

No, she cannot cross state lines to be with you, unless, of course, you don't mind being charged with kidnapping and ending up in a Federal prison.

My suggestion is that you immediately stop seeing each other or contacting each other until she is 18.

She wouldn't be running away in Missouri. She would be running away in Kansas. (You can't run away from a home you don't live in.)

So, according to your post, she defiantly disobeys her parents, she moved during her junior year of HS (which is NOT the end of the world..I am 33 years old and have moved 36 times.), focuses so much on what she had that she refuses to take advantage of the opportuinites open to her, attempted self mutilation (?), and basically sulks and focuses on how miserable she is because her parents won't allow her to do whatever she wants, whenever she wants, specifically spending every waking moment thinking about her boyfriend. Well, I have to tell you that her parents come across as very stable. There is no legal action you can take to "rescue" your girlfriend. She just needs to grow up and if she is truly suffering depression or some other mental health issue, get into counseling.

If her parents don't want her to talk to you or see you, that is their right to enforce that rule.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Michael, Google Mann Act.....
    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Don't mean to sound exactly like everyone else, but how exactly do these parents fit the definition of "mentally unstable." The only unstable one according to this post is the girlfriend. If she is hurting herself and refusing to stop contact with you even when you tried to end the relationship, YOU should contact her parents and inform them how serious her issues are.

Co-dependency and cutting are not good signs -- she needs help.

You are a legal adult. She is a minor. If she runs away to be with you, you will end up in big-people prison.

i wasnt literally calling here parents mentally unstable, and she wanst focusing on her past until she repeatedly tried to make friends and start a new life in kansas which horribly failed and she still continues to try to make friends and cannot, and she is in counseling and has been for the last 3 months and has shown no sign of improvment, and her parents refuse to believe how serious her problems are.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltu21 View Post
    i wasnt literally calling here parents mentally unstable, and she wanst focusing on her past until she repeatedly tried to make friends and start a new life in kansas which horribly failed and she still continues to try to make friends and cannot, and she is in counseling and has been for the last 3 months and has shown no sign of improvment, and her parents refuse to believe how serious her problems are.
    No matter how YOU feel her parents are treating her, that does not change the fact that she (a minor) cannot run away to be with you (an adult). She cannot run to Missouri then be considered a Missouri runaway. And if you allow her or help her to cross state lines to be with you, you are in violation of the Mann Act and are committing a felony. Her parents can force her back home and have you thrown in prison, where you will quickly say goodbye to your house and truck.

The fact that she cannot make new friends may have a lot to do with her attitude. Kids move all over the place all the time. Some adjust better than others, but that does not mean that her parents are somehow mistreating her. It just means she needs to try harder. Sleeping half the day away, desperately trying to figure out how to return to her old town and cutting herself certainly will not help her case for making friends.

well im glad you are in the current situation and know exactly what is going on and all i was looking for was a simple yes or no

Okay then....no.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

well im glad you are in the current situation and know exactly what is going on and all i was looking for was a simple yes or no
    Do you think that was part of the same sarcasm that caused him to call her parents "mentally unstable?"

Once again, someone who gets angry at the fact that their actions are about to become a felony. I guess the truth really is hard to hear!

The simple "yes or no" does not apply to your questions.

Q: if i were to establish a residence in missouri would it be legal for her to leave home and come live with me in missouri?
    A: No. It would be illegal AND you would be committing a felony (I know that was more than "yes or no," but that info just seems useful.)

Statement: seeing i believe it is illegal to runaway at 17 in kansas, but not in missouri.
    Response: You are wrong. The age of majority in both states is 18. Minors cannot leave home in either state without parental permission.

Q: if this cannot be done any other suggestions? please help!
    A: well, this isn't even a yes or no question! The only other option is to leave the underage girl alone.

how many times do i have to say it all i needed was a simple yes or no, and yes it was a simple yes or no question, i asked if it was illegal and i got my answer i did not ask for anyones personal opinion, and maybe yall really should find a hobby!

how many times do i have to say it all i needed was a simple yes or no, and yes it was a simple yes or no question, i asked if it was illegal and i got my answer i did not ask for anyones personal opinion, and maybe yall really should find a hobby!
    I take it all back... your intense amout of maturity proves that you are a perfect match to date a little girl.

Why is that people yell at us for giving our opinions, while giving their opinion?

I am going to post this AGAIN, because NONE of it is a personal opinion. Read it carefully.

Q: if i were to establish a residence in missouri would it be legal for her to leave home and come live with me in missouri?
    A: No. It would be illegal AND you would be committing a felony (I know that was more than "yes or no," but
    that info just seems useful.) --ok, I guess that part was an opinion, assuming that you would find it useful to know that your actions could land you in prison for several years -- even federal prison is a possibility. How very rude of me.

Statement: seeing i believe it is illegal to runaway at 17 in kansas, but not in missouri.
    Response: You are wrong. The age of majority in both states is 18. Minors cannot leave home in either state without parental permission
    . --nope, no opinions there, just facts.

Q: if this cannot be done any other suggestions? please help!
    A: well, this isn't even a yes or no question! The only other option is to leave the underage girl alone.
    -- again, no opinions, just facts.

I have many hobbies. None of them include attempting to find ways to illegally move my underage girlfriend across state lines and get away with it. That was also not an opinon. Just another fact.

Good Luck!

Default mentally unstable parents Missouri

So role-playing a mentally unstable character with Major Depression, Severe case of Bipolar disorder, Schizophrenia, Post traumatic stress disorder and if you can think of other disorders I should role-play inform me. But for the most part I am posting this because I want to know what you think I can role-play while on this character for the most part, being on this character means she is inside the LSFDs Crisis Center connected to the All Saints General Hospital among other patients.
    The last official post to this thread is 10 years 6 months and 7 days ago. I suggest that you learn how to read the dates on posts before replying to them.

I am closing this thread.
    Cactus Jack
    Last edited by cactus jack; 09-13-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    Men's power - I recommend