Thread: Workers Comp Codes Georgia

Default Workers Comp Codes Georgia

Where can I find a list of worker's comp codes for Georgia?

These codes are contained in the NCCI Scopes Manual - not usually available to companies. Your insurance agent/broker or WC carrier should be able to provide you with a list. You may can find some information at www.ncci.com, but probably not enough for your needs.

Do you have a specific code or issue?

My insurer sent me a hand typed list of codes and its just not complete and contains codes that have nothing to do with our industry and doesnt cover jobs that are. (no, I cant get another WC company, not my decision).

I have employees listed under codes :0001, 0170 and 9102. I dont have a payroll class or any other information including any description so I cant tell what they are or if they are correct.
    The jobs are all over the place so I'm not sure.

It does appear that 0001 was used for some temps and maybe if someone was unsure about the code (sort of a catchall) but once again, I'm not sure.
    Thanks!

You can get a Scopes Manual from NCCI (https://www.ncci.com/NCCI/article.as...pespricing.htm).

It will probably give you far more information than you need.

Easier to talk with your WC broker about your company's classifications.

Just what is the question, aside from a list of all possible codes (which is pretty long)?
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

See my second message. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    I have employees listed under codes :0001, 0170 and 9102.
    0001 does not appear in my Scopes manual, which, I will admit, is a bit outdated. Temps should be assigned to whatever code is appropriate for the job.

0170 is Farm: Animal raising and drivers, applies to fur bearing animals (mink, chinchilla, fox, etc).

9102 is Park (NOC), applies to the operation of public parks owned or operated by administrative agencies of federal, state, county or municipal governments or civic organizations such as Rotary Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs, Chambers of Commerce and Police Benevolent Associations.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Your WC policy should have the WC codes, descriptions & rates listed.

I've no idea what 0001 is; 0170 is "Farm: Animal Raising & Driviers"; and 9102 is Park NOC - All employees & Drivers (Operation of public parks).

Scott is right - your insurance agent/broker should be able to give you the information you need.

Quote Originally Posted by RiskMgmt View Post
    Scott is right - your insurance agent/broker should be able to give you the information you need.
    Apparently, they aren't being very helpful and changing does not seem to be an option.

Thanks for the replies.
    I have contacted my insurer and gotten very little info thats why I'm on here!! I get one answer from them, then auditor comes and changes things mid year. For example, 2 of our people who were classified as clerical (8810)were reclassified as 8742 City administration lasst year after being 8810 for the last 8 years.

The auditor brought these up as possible issues but thats all he did. Now I cant get an definite answer. They arent listed on the premium as a code or payroll classification. They are listed with a question mark.

However based on what you say...
    0001 seems to be totally in error.
    0170 is obviously incorrect since we have nothing to do with animals or farms
    9102 Thats tough. We have a depts of Parks, Right of Way and Beautification and they are all under 0042 Landcaping since they are more weedeating, pruning trees, planting flowers and mowing. I'll need to check that one out.

How about 5506?
    Last edited by Morgana; 02-26-2007 at 06:57 AM.

How about 5506?
    Contractor -- Executive Supervisor or Construction Superintendent.

clerical (8810)were reclassified as 8742 City administration

9102 Thats tough. We have a depts of Parks, Right of Way and Beautification and they are all under 0042 Landcaping since they are more weedeating, pruning trees, planting flowers and mowing. I'll need to check that one out.
    9102 works for city workers doing landscaping in public parks and is a slightly cheaper rate (well, 2/3 the rate of 0042 in my state).

I show 8742 as Outside Salesperson.

Code 9410 applies to municipal, county or state employees, and is used for directors of public works, engineers not in direct charge of work and welfare workers. City manager should be 8810. I can find no listing for "City Administration."

How certain jobs are to be classified is often set in state insurance regulations. If you are unsure how a particular job should be classified and the carrier is no help, contact the state WC Commission or State Insurance Commissioner.

Lightbulb

Where can I find a list of worker's comp codes for Georgia?
    the codes i need to know is 34-9-221e and 34-9-108b and 34-9-108b(2)

Quote Originally Posted by kids2934 View Post
    the codes i need to know is 34-9-221e and 34-9-108b and 34-9-108b(2)

We prefer you not add to a long dormat thread. Call your broker.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.